Not really true

来源: BornIn1974 2009-05-31 20:01:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1982 bytes)
1. 身份不是问题,好像都有身份,大部分都是公民了,好多人选择不入籍是考虑到回中国问题。
-- True;

2. 公民了,政府工作就很多。一半多朋友都是大学毕业就进政府了,也就是准退休了,一年拿个8万块,30年后退休拿70%的退休金到死,上班基本就是聊天上网,不可能裁人。
-- It is not easy to get a government job. Most of the civilian workers are white people. I applied a federal government job 3 years ago, and I am still in security clearance checking because I was born in a Communist country "China". And the pay for most positions is less than 8万块. You can find the pay range in http://jobs-emplois.gc.ca/index-eng.htm

3. 一半人都是国外出生的,中国人到处都是,歧视一定有,但感觉不大。
--- I don't know which city you are, according to the Statistic Canada, NOT 一半人都是国外出生的. And I don't feel 中国人到处都是, although most of my friends are Chinese. In my company, only 2 out of 15 are Chinese.

4. 找个稳定工作后,很多人都做个生意什么的,驾校啊,地产经纪了,开个subway,night club之类的。
-- The truth is many Chinese cannot 找个稳定工作, so they 做个生意什么的,驾校啊,地产经纪了,开个subway. And I never heard any new Chinese immigrants running night club in Canada.

5. 房子还算便宜(除了温哥华之类的地方),几年就搞定了。
-- Housing price is not low in terms of the low income, and all my friends are still paying the mortgage. I didn't know anyone who paid off his mortgage based on his income in Canada.

6. 看病太慢,虽然不要钱,但是太慢太慢。
-- True.

7. 冬天太长,好在多干几年后有6周假,很多人都到美国躲躲个月。
-- Maybe true for the government. But for private companies, usually it is 2 weeks vacation. And Chinese Canadians take the vacation to visit theire friends in China.

8. 税太高,包括公司税。
-- True only if you income is high (>100K). But for a family (two adults + one child) income at 60K/year, the actual income tax is 25%. It is not high at all comparing to the US income tax.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Not really true -okwei- 给 okwei 发送悄悄话 (695 bytes) () 06/01/2009 postreply 06:55:39

据我所知 high level clearance有的要查一年呢 -hhhh- 给 hhhh 发送悄悄话 hhhh 的博客首页 (146 bytes) () 06/01/2009 postreply 07:18:49

回复:据我所知 high level clearance有的要查一年呢 -okwei- 给 okwei 发送悄悄话 (102 bytes) () 06/01/2009 postreply 09:51:04

这位老兄说的是在!!! 对,对对 -dutmcse- 给 dutmcse 发送悄悄话 (232 bytes) () 06/01/2009 postreply 11:16:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”