回复:还是两个州的州税问题

来源: 老看客 2009-03-08 18:54:17 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2153 bytes)
非常抱歉这么多问题,请有经验的大侠们帮助参考一下!

多谢,多谢!

基本情况:

1 我2008年6月底从IL到CA,在IL,CA时间差不多各6个月;
2 老婆小孩他们2008年9月份也搬过来同我一起住,但是老婆还没有从IL的学校毕业。
3 父母亲在IL居住了超过183天,然后从CA住了10天左右回国。
4 联邦税报1040 married file jointly 以及claim 父母 as dependents。

问题请指教:

1 老婆小孩还可以算IL Resident吗?看了IL的instruction,必须居住1年才算Resident。但是老婆还没有毕业,不知是不是还可以算Resident.

This doesn't matter. Anyway, you and your wife should file the tax return with IL.

As far as I know, many states set such a rule that your couple have to file the state tax return jointly if your federal one is done jointly. Pls double check IL's and CA's relevant regulations.

2 CA 和 IL的州税也必须联合报吗?还是可以分开报?我报我的CA和IL,老婆只用报她的IL?

See my answer to your Q1.

3 联合报的话,如何使得两个州的收入不搀和在一起呢?也就是CA的收入不算到IL的收入中?

I had such an experience before:

One state requested my wife and myself to file the state tax return jointly because our federal tax return in that year was filed jointly, even though only my wife's income was earned from that state that year. They first calculated a "tax" amount based on our family's income. This number was then timed by the percentage of my wife's income in our family's income and the result come out finally became the real number we needed to pay to that state.

Again, I don't know IL's and CA's rules. Pls double check with them.

4 父母大部分时间在IL,我报CA税时也可以把他们claim as dependent吗?

I don't have related experience, but I would say very likely you can only claim your parents as dependents when you file the tax return with IL.

4 如果IL州税我和老婆分开报,小孩以及父母放在谁的表里?还是无所谓,我或老婆都可以。

It depends on whom they physically lived with and where they physically stayed. Remember, this is a very serious issue.

非常抱歉这么多问题,请有经验的大侠们帮助参考一下!

多谢,多谢!

You are welome!
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标