I think most people don't do that in America

来源: elfie 2023-04-08 16:18:48 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (878 bytes)

How many families can afford the travel costs of visiting a dozen plus schools? I doubt it's a common practice. I certainly can't afford that long trip and my household income is above the median income of the whole population. So I don't think most American familes travel to visit colleges because it's quite expensive with the hotel fee, food, gas, and the time lost from not working.  Also when you spend $$$ for taking this one kid to see the places, you have to leave the other kids to someone else's care. Only the wealthy, upper income families with both parents can do this. Single parent and low to median income families cannot afford it. I only know one kid, both of her parents are doctors, made this trip. She went to Oberlin college to study music. Definitely privileged. 

所有跟帖: 

Most Chinese parents take their high schooler visit colleges -镜中花- 给 镜中花 发送悄悄话 镜中花 的博客首页 (31 bytes) () 04/08/2023 postreply 19:37:21

+1 -树枝儿- 给 树枝儿 发送悄悄话 树枝儿 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2023 postreply 16:06:07

我是高中老师。我的学生基本上都会去看大学。我周围的中国人家也基本上都去看。而且,这次我们去看大学 -树枝儿- 给 树枝儿 发送悄悄话 树枝儿 的博客首页 (183 bytes) () 04/09/2023 postreply 15:59:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”