第一季第八集台词+词汇整理,方便大家跟读。见内:
The One Where Nana Dies Twice
本节词汇:
Dehydrated:脱水的
fluorescent lights:日光灯
be vague about :含糊不清的
beep in:打电话
mint:硬币
homosexual:同性恋的
retainer:牙齿保持器
see with:同意
Payroll:n.(公司员工的)工资名单;(公司的)工资总支出
eternity:n.永恒;永生;不朽;(似乎)无穷无尽的一段时间
burgundy:n.勃艮第葡萄酒(产于法国东部的勃艮第地区,有红葡萄酒和白葡萄酒);深红色
day shoe:日用鞋
slimmer heel:细高跟
wear the hair up:扎头发
spasm:n.痉挛;抽搐;(感情或反应)一阵阵发作,阵发
hearing disability:听力残疾;听力障碍;听觉缺陷
cracker:饼干
honey-glazed ham:糖浆火腿
be critical of :挑剔
pick on=be critical of :挑剔
[Scene: Chandler's Office, Chandler is on a coffee break. Shelley enters.)
Shelley: Hey gorgeous, how's it going?
Chandler: Dehydrated Japanese noodles under fluorescent lights... does it get better than this?
日光灯下吃泡面,还有比这更好的吗
Dehydrated:脱水的
fluorescent lights:日光灯
Shelley: Question. You're not dating anybody, are you, because I met somebody who would be perfect for you.
问你个问题。你现在单身,对吗。因为我知道有个人很适合你
Chandler: Ah, y'see, perfect might be a problem. Had you said 'co-dependent', or 'self-destructive'...
适合就是个问题。你要是说共同依赖或者自我毁灭的话。。。
Shelley: Do you want a date Saturday?
你周六要约会吗
Chandler: Yes please.
恩
Shelley: Okay. He's cute, he's funny, he's-
他很可爱
Chandler: He's a he?
是个男的?
Shelley: Well yeah! ...Oh God. I- just- I thought- Good, Shelley. I'm just gonna go flush myself down the toilet now...(backs out of the room) Okay, goodbye...
对啊,天啦,我以为,我现在要把我自己冲到厕所去
flush myself down the toilet :冲到厕所里
Opening Credits
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, everyone is there.)
Chandler: ...Couldn't enjoy a cup of noodles after that. I mean, is that ridiculous? Can you believe she actually thought that?
听完那个之后就再也吃不下泡面了。这难道不可笑吗?你们敢相信他说的吗
Rachel: Um... yeah. Well, I mean, when I first met you, y'know, I thought maybe, possibly, you might be...
我第一次看到你的时候,我以为你可能是
Chandler: You did?
Rachel: Yeah, but then you spent Phoebe's entire birthday party talking to my breasts, so then I figured maybe not.
但是菲比过生日的时候,你一整晚都盯着我的胸看,我就知道你也许不是
Chandler: Huh. Did, uh... any of the rest of you guys think that when you first met me?
你们其他人第一次看到我的时候也这么认为吗
Monica: I did.
我是这样
Phoebe: Yeah, I think so, yeah.
我也是
Joey: Not me.
我不是
Ross: Nono, me neither. Although, uh, y'know, back in college, Susan Sallidor did.
我也没有。但是大学的时候Susan是这么认为的
Chandler: You're kidding! Did you tell her I wasn't?
你开什么玩笑。你有告诉她我不是吗?
Ross: No. No, it's just 'cause, uh, I kinda wanted to go out with her too, so I told her, actually, you were seeing Bernie Spellman... who also liked her, so...
我没有,我当时也想跟她约会,所以我告诉她,你跟Bemie在约会,这个人也喜欢她
(Joey congratulates Ross, sees Chandler's look and abruptly stops.)
Chandler: Well, this is fascinating. So, uh, what is it about me?
我有什么特征
Phoebe: I dunno, 'cause you're smart, you're funny...
不知道,因为你很聪明,又很风趣
Chandler: Ross is smart and funny, d'you ever think that about him?
Ross也是,你们为什么不这么认为呢
All: Yeah! Right!
Chandler: WHAT IS IT?!
Monica: Okay, I-I d'know, you-you just- you have a quality.
你有种气质
All: Yes. Absolutely. A quality.
没错,气质
Chandler: Oh, oh, a quality, good, because I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this.
我还担心你们看不出呢?
be vague about :含糊不清的
(Phone rings; Monica gets it)
Monica: Hello? Hello? Oh! Rachel, it's Paolo calling from Rome.
Rachel: Oh my God! Calling from Rome! (Takes phone) Bon giorno, caro mio.
Ross: (to Joey) So he's calling from Rome. I could do that. Just gotta go to Rome.
Rachel: Monica, your dad just beeped in, but can you make it quick? Talking to Rome. (Showing off to Phoebe and Chandler) I'm talking to Rome.
你爸爸打进来了,你可以快点吗
beep in:打电话
Monica: Hey dad, what's up? (Listens) Oh God. Ross, it's Nana.
[Scene: The Hospital, Mr. and Mrs. Geller are there, along with Aunt Lillian. Ross and Monica enter and everyone says hi and kisses.)
Ross: So, uh, how's she doing?
Aunt Lillian: The doctor says it's a matter of hours.
医生说就是这几个小时的事情了
Monica: How-how are you, Mom?
Mrs. Geller: Me? I'm fine, fine. I'm glad you're here. ...What's with your hair?
很高兴你在这里。你的头发怎么了
Monica: What?
Mrs. Geller: What's different?
Monica: Nothing.
Mrs. Geller: Oh, maybe that's it.
(Monica strides over to Ross, who is making coffee, and talks to him aside.)
Monica: She is unbelievable, our mother is...
她太不可理喻了
Ross: Okay, relax, relax. We are gonna be here for a while, it looks like, and we still have boyfriends and your career to cover.
放松,只需要在这里待一会儿,我们等会儿还要谈你的男朋友和你的工作呢
Monica: Oh God!
(They hug.)
[Cut to the hospital, later. Everyone is talking about Nana.]
Monica: The fuzzy little mints at the bottom of her purse.
她钱包里发霉的硬币
mint:硬币
Ross: Oh! ...Yeah, they were gross. Oh, you know what I loved? Her Sweet 'n' Los. How she was always stealing them from- from restaurants.
太恶心了。你知道我最喜欢什么吗?她的代糖。她每次都从餐馆偷代糖
Mr. Geller: Not just restaurants, from our house.
不仅仅是在餐馆,还有我们家也是
(The nurse comes out of Nana's room.)
Nurse: Mrs. Geller?
(Everyone stands up. Cut to Ross and Monica in Nana's room.)
Ross: She looks so small.
她看起来真小
Monica: I know.
Ross: Well, at least she's with Pop-Pop and Aunt Phyllis now.
至少她现在有阿公和菲利斯阿姨陪伴
Monica: G'bye, Nana. (She kisses her on the forehead.)
Ross: Bye, Nana.
(He goes to kiss her but she moves. Monica screams. Ross shouts and stares in disbelief. Monica runs out of the room.)
Monica: Ross!
(Ross runs out too.)
Mrs. Geller: What is going on?!
Ross: Y'know how-how the nurse said that-that Nana had passed? Well, she's not, quite..
你知道刚才护士说奶奶去世了?实际上,并没有完全
Mrs. Geller: What?
Ross: She's not- past, she's present, she's back.
她还活着,她又回来了
Aunt Lillian: (reentering) What's going on?
Mr. Geller: She may have died.
Aunt Lillian: She may have died?
Mr. Geller: We're looking into it.
我们正在调查
(Monica returns with the nurse and they go into Nana's room.)
Ross: I, uh, I'll go see. (He goes in)
Nurse: This almost never happens!
这从来都不会发生
(Nana passes for the second time and the nurse pulls the blanket over her. Ross and Monica go to tell the family)
Ross: Now she's passed.
[Scene: Central Perk, Chandler, Phoebe, Joey, and Rachel are there.]
Chandler: I just have to know, okay. Is it my hair?
我只是想确定好吗?这是我的头发吗
Rachel: (exasperated) Yes, Chandler, that's exactly what it is. It's your hair.
没错,这就是你的头发
Phoebe: Yeah, you have homosexual hair.
你有同性恋的头发
homosexual:同性恋的
(Monica and Ross enter.)
Rachel: So, um, did she...
Ross: Twice.
Joey: Twice?
Phoebe: Oh, that sucks!
这太糟糕了
Joey: You guys okay?
Ross: I dunno, it's weird. I mean, I know she's gone, but I just don't feel, uh...
我不知道,这太奇怪了。我知道她去世了,但是我却没有感觉到
Phoebe: Maybe that's 'cause she's not really gone.
也许是因为她没有真正地离开
Ross: Nono, she's gone.
Monica: We checked. A lot.
我们检查过了,很多次
Phoebe: Hm, I mean maybe no-one ever really goes. Ever since my mom died, every now and then, I get the feeling that she's like right here, y'know? (She circles her hand around her right shoulder. Chandler, sitting on her right, draws back nervously) Oh! And Debbie, my best friend from junior high- got struck by lightning on a miniature golf course- I always get this really strong Debbie vibe whenever I use one of those little yellow pencils, y'know? ...I miss her.
我的意思是没有人会真正地离开。自从我妈妈死了之后,我不时地会觉得她就在这里,噢,还有黛比,我高中最好的朋友,在打迷你高尔夫的时候被闪电击中了。每次我用黄色铅笔的时候,我就觉得自己黛比上身了。我想她
Rachel: Aw. Hey, Pheebs, want this? (Gives her a pencil)
Phoebe: Thanks!
Rachel: Sure. I just sharpened her this morning.
我今天早上刚刚削好的
Joey: Now, see, I don't believe any of that. I think once you're dead, you're dead! You're gone! You're worm food! (realises his tactlessness) ...So Chandler looks gay, huh?
我不相信这些。我觉得一旦你死了,你就死了,你就不在这里了,就会成为虫子的食物。所以钱德勒看起来像个同性恋哈
Phoebe: Y'know, I dunno who this is, but it's not Debbie. (Hands back the pencil)
我不知道这是谁,但是这不是黛比
[Scene: Nana's house, Ross, Mrs. Geller and Aunt Lillian are going through clothes.]
Ross: I thought it was gonna be a closed casket.
我以为会把奶奶放在封闭的棺材里面
casket:n.(装珠宝等贵重物品的)精致小盒,装饰精美的小箱
Mrs. Geller: Well, that doesn't mean she can't look nice!
这并不表示她不能穿的好看点
(They open a cupboard which, amongst other things, contains a chest of drawers)
Mrs. Geller: Sweetie, you think you can get in there?
甜心,你觉得你能进去吗
Ross: (sarcastic) I don't see why not.
为什么不行呢
(He tries pushing against the chest of drawers. Then he opens one of the drawers and climbs into the closet using that; he falls behind the chest of drawers with a shout.)
Ross: Here's my retainer!
这是我的牙齿保持器
retainer:牙齿保持器
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Monica is talking to her father.]
Mr. Geller: I was just thinking. When my time comes-
我只是在想,等我的时间到了
Monica: Dad!
Mr. Geller: Listen to me! When my time comes, I wanna be buried at sea.
听我说,等我的时间到了,我想海葬
Monica: You what?
你要干什么
Mr. Geller: I wanna be buried at sea, it looks like fun.
我要海葬,因为看起来挺搞笑的
Monica: Define fun.
解释一下怎么搞笑的
Mr. Geller: C'mon, you'll make a day of it! You'll rent a boat, pack a lunch...
拜托,你们要在海上度过一天。你们会租条小船,准备午饭
Monica: ...And then we throw your body in the water... Gee, that does sound fun.
然后我们把你的骨灰撒到海水里,这的确听起来挺有趣的
Mr. Geller: Everyone thinks they know me. Everyone says 'Jack Geller, so predictable'. Maybe after I'm gone, they'll say 'Buried at sea! Huh!'.
每个人都觉得很了解我。每个人都说杰克总是一成不变。也许当我死了后,他们会说,哇居然海葬了
predictable:adj.可预见的;可预料的;意料之中的;老套乏味的
Monica: That's probably what they'll say.
可能他们会这么说吧
Mr. Geller: I'd like that.
我喜欢那个
[Scene: Chandler's Office, Shelley is drinking coffee; Chandler enters.]
Chandler: Hey, gorgeous.
嘿,美女
Shelley: (sheepish) Hey. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, I, um-
昨天真对不起
Chandler: No, nono, don't- don't worry about it. Believe me, apparently other people have made the same mistake.
没事,别担心。相信我,很显然其他人也犯了同样的错误
Shelley: Oh! Okay! Phew!
Chandler: So, uh... what do you think it is about me?
你觉得我怎么样
Shelley: I dunno, uh... you just have a-a...
Chandler: ...Quality, right, great.
气质?好吧
Shelley: Y'know, it's a shame, because you and Lowell would've made a great couple.
真可惜。因为你和罗尔本来很登对
Chandler: Lowell? Financial Services' Lowell, that's who you saw me with?
罗尔?金融部门的罗尔?这就是你要给我找的对象
see with:同意
Shelley: What? He's cute!
他挺可爱的啊
Chandler: Well, yeah... 's'no Brian in Payroll.
不是薪资部门的布莱恩吗?
Payroll:n.(公司员工的)工资名单;(公司的)工资总支出
Shelley: Is Brian...?
Chandler: No! Uh, I d'know! The point is, if you were gonna set me up with someone, I'd like to think you'd set me up with someone like him.
重点是,如果你要给我找对象的话,我以为你会找他那样的人
Shelley: Well, I think Brian's a little out of your league.
我觉得你有点配不上布莱恩
Chandler: Excuse me? You don't think I could get a Brian? Because I could get a Brian. Believe you me. ...I'm really not.
对不起?你觉得我配不上他?因为我能搞定布莱恩。相信我,我真的配不上
[Scene: Nana's Bedroom, Ross is holding a dress out from inside the closet.]
Ross: (holding a dress out from inside the closet) This one?
这个吗
Aunt Lillian: No.
Ross: I have shown you everything we have. Unless you want your mother to spend eternity in a lemon yellow pant-suit, go with the burgundy.
我已经给你们看了所有的东西了,除非你想你们的妈妈一辈子都穿着那条柠檬黄长裤和紫红色的上衣
eternity:n.永恒;永生;不朽;(似乎)无穷无尽的一段时间
burgundy:n.勃艮第葡萄酒(产于法国东部的勃艮第地区,有红葡萄酒和白葡萄酒);深红色
Aunt Lillian: You know, whatever we pick, she would've told us it's the wrong one.
不管我们选什么,她都会说这是错的
Mrs. Geller: You're right. We'll go with the burgundy.
你说的没错,我们还是选紫红色吧
Ross: Oh! A fine choice. I'm coming out. (Starts to climb over the furniture)
挺好的主意,我要出来了
Aunt Lillian: Wait! We need shoes!
(Ross falls back inside)
Ross: Okay. Um, how about these? (Holds out a pair)
这双怎么样
Mrs. Geller: That's really a day shoe.
这是一双日用鞋
day shoe:日用鞋
Ross: And where she's going everyone else'll be dressier?
她要去的地方穿的都很考究吗
Aunt Lillian: Could we see something in a slimmer heel?
我们能不能看看细高跟的鞋子
slimmer heel:细高跟
Ross: (forages around) Okay, I have nothing in an evening shoe in the burgundy. I can show you something in a silver that may work.
没有紫红色的晚会鞋子,我可以给你们看双银色的,也许还不错
Aunt Lillian: No, it really should be burgundy.
真的要穿紫红色的
Mrs. Geller: Mm. Unless we go with a different dress?
除非我们穿其他的衣服
Ross: No! Nonono, wait a sec. I may have something in the back.
等下,也许后面还有东西
(He finds a shoebox (out of shot), pulls it down and opens it. It is full of Sweet 'n' Lo's.)
Ross: Oh my God..
Mrs. Geller: Is everything all right, dear?
Ross: Yeah, just... just Nana stuff.
(He reaches up higher and knocks down another shoebox lid. Sweet 'n' Lo's rain down on him)
Commercial Break
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Monica and Rachel are preparing to leave for the funeral.]
Ross: (entering) How we doing, you guys ready?
Monica: Mom already called this morning to remind me not to wear my hair up. Did you know my ears are not my best feature?
妈妈今早打电话提醒我不要把头发扎起来,你知道我的耳朵不是最好看的部位吗
wear the hair up:扎头发
Ross: Some days it's all I can think about.
有时候我是这么认为的
Phoebe: (entering) Hi, sorry I'm late, I couldn't find my bearings.
不好意思,我迟到了,我找不到我的耳圈了
Rachel: Oh, you-you mean your earrings?
你是说你的耳环吗
Phoebe: What'd I say?
我刚说了什么
Rachel: (sticking her foot out) Hm-m.
Monica: Are these the shoes?
Rachel: Yes. Paolo sent them from Italy.
保罗从意大利寄过来的
Ross: What, we-uh- we don't have shoes here, or...?
我们这里没有卖鞋子的吗
Joey: (entering with Chandler) Morning. We ready to go?
Chandler: Well, don't we look nice all dressed up?...It's stuff like that, isn't it?
我们装扮后看起来都还不错,难道不是这样吗
(They all leave.)
[Scene: The cemetary, after the funeral.]
Monica: It was a really beautiful service.
Mrs. Geller: It really was. Oh, c'mere, sweetheart. (Hugs her) Y'know, I think it might be time for you to start using night cream.
我觉得你现在该用晚霜了
(Joey listens to his overcoat for a second and sighs, then notices Chandler watching)
Joey: What?
Chandler: Nothing, just your overcoat sounds remarkably like Brent Mussberger.
只是你的大衣听起来很像是 Brent Mussberger
Joey: Check it out, Giants-Cowboys. (He has a pocket TV)
你看,牛仔男孩
Chandler: You're watching a football game at a funeral?
你在葬礼上看足球比赛
Joey: No, it's the pre-game. I'm gonna watch it at the reception.
不是,这是预热赛。我要在追悼会上看
Chandler: You are a frightening, frightening man.
你太可怕了
(Rachel steps in a patch of mud)
Rachel: Oh no! My new Paolo shoes!
保罗新给我买的鞋子
Ross: Oh, I hope they're not ruined.
我希望不会弄坏
Phoebe: God, what a great day. ...What? Weather-wise!
真好啊。。。我是说天气
Ross: I know, uh, the air, the-the trees... even though Nana's gone there's, there's something almost, uh- I dunno, almost life-aff- (Not looking where he is going he falls into an open grave)
我知道。空气、树木,奶奶去的地方也是,有一些东西。。。。我不知道,就像是生命。。。
All: God! Ross!
Ross: I'm fine. Just-just... having my worst fear realised...
只是我最担心的事情发生了
[Scene: The Wake, at the Gellers' house. Ross is lying on his back, with Phoebe squatting over him, checking to see if he's injured.]
Phoebe: Okay, don't worry, I'm just checking to see if the muscle's in spasm...huh.
不要担心,我看下你抽筋没
spasm:n.痉挛;抽搐;(感情或反应)一阵阵发作,阵发
Ross: What, what is it?
Phoebe: You missed a belt loop.
你的皮带穿孔掉了一个
Ross: Oh! No-n-
Phoebe: Okay, it's in spasm.
现在抽筋了
Mrs. Geller: Here, sweetie, here. I took these when I had my golfing accident. (Hands Ross a bottle of pills. Then turns to Monica and pats her hair over her ears)
来我这里,亲爱的。我上次打高尔夫受伤的时候就用的这个
(Cut to Chandler and a woman, Andrea, reaching for the same slice of meat)
Chandler: Oh, no-
Andrea: Sorry- Hi, I'm Dorothy's daughter.
不好意思,我是桃乐丝的女儿
Chandler: Hi, I'm Chandler, and I have no idea who Dorothy is.
我是钱德勒,我不知道桃乐丝是谁
(They shake hands. Cut to Ross emerging from a hallway, grinning inanely. He is obviously very stoned)
Phoebe: Hey, look who's up! How do you feel?
Ross: I feel great. I feel- great, I fleel great.
Monica: Wow, those pills really worked, huh?
这些药起作用了
Ross: Not the first two, but the second two- woooo! ...I love you guys. You guys are the greatest. I love my sister (Kisses Monica), I love Pheebs... (Hugs her)
不是前两片,是后面两片。我爱你们,你们这些人真好,我爱我的妹妹,我爱菲比
Phoebe: Ooh! That's so nice...
Ross: ...Chandler!
Chandler: Hey.
Ross: (hugs him) And listen, man, if you wanna be gay, be gay. Doesn't matter to me.
如果你想当同性恋的话,就当吧。没关系的
Andrea: (turns to a friend) You were right. (They walk off and leave Chandler.)
Ross: Rachel. Rachel Rachel. (Sits down beside her) I love you the most.
Rachel: (humouring him) Oh, well you know who I love the most?
你知道我最喜欢你什么吗
Ross: No.
Rachel: You!
你
Ross: Oh.. you don't get it! (Passes out and slumps across her)
你不明白
(Cut to Joey watching TV in the corner. He makes an extravagant gesture of disappointment.)
Mr. Geller: Whaddya got there?
Joey: (hides the TV, but he still has an earphone) Just a, uh... hearing disability.
只是听力不太好
hearing disability:听力残疾;听力障碍;听觉缺陷
Mr. Geller: What's the score?
比分多少
Joey: Seventeen-fourteen Giants... three minutes to go in the third.
Mr. Geller: Beautiful! (Turns to watch with him)
(Time lapse. A large crowd of men are now watching the game)
Rachel: (still trapped under Ross) Pheebs, could you maybe hand me a cracker?
你可以给我递块饼干吗
cracker:饼干
Mrs. Geller: (to Monica) Your grandmother would have hated this.
你奶奶会讨厌这个的
Monica: Well, sure, what with it being her funeral and all.
当然这是她的葬礼
Mrs. Geller: No, I'd be hearing about 'Why didn't I get the honey-glazed ham?', I didn't spend enough on flowers, and if I spent more she'd be saying 'Why are you wasting your money? I don't need flowers, I'm dead'.
不是,我是说我会听到:为什么没有糖浆火腿?我没有买很多花,如果我花了很多钱的话,她就会说你为什么要浪费钱,我不需要花,我已经死了
honey-glazed ham:糖浆火腿
Monica: That sounds like Nana.
Mrs. Geller: Do you know what it's like to grow up with someone who is critical of every single thing you say?
你知道跟着一个对你说的每一句话都很挑剔的人长大是什么样子吗
be critical of :挑剔
Monica: ...I can imagine.
可以想象
Mrs. Geller: I'm telling you, it's a wonder your mother turned out to be the positive, life-affirming person that she is.
我告诉你,你的妈妈能长成一个乐观向上的人真是个奇迹
Monica: That is a wonder. So tell me something, Mom. If you had to do it all over again, I mean, if she was here right now, would you tell her?
是一个奇迹。我告诉你,如果要是重来一次,我的意思是说,如果他在这里,你会告诉她吗
Mrs. Geller: Tell her what?
告诉他什么
Monica: How she drove you crazy, picking on every little detail, like your hair... for example.
他如何让你抓狂的,对你的每一个细节都很挑剔,比如说你的头发之类的
pick on=be critical of :挑剔
Mrs. Geller: I'm not sure I know what you're getting at.
我不确定我是否理解了你的意思
Monica: Do you think things would have been better if you'd just told her the truth?
你觉得如果你告诉她真相的话,事情会变得更好吗
Mrs. Geller: ...No. I think some things are better left unsaid. I think it's nicer when people just get along.
我觉得有些事情还是不说比较好。我觉得这样人们相处的会更好
Monica: Huh.
Mrs. Geller: More wine, dear?
Monica: Oh, I think so.
Mrs. Geller: (reaches out to fiddle with Monica's hair again, and realises) Those earrings look really lovely on you.
这些耳环看起来很好看
Monica: Thank you. They're yours.
这是你的
Mrs. Geller: Actually they were Nana's.
实际上这是奶奶的
(There is a cry of disappointment from the crowd of men.)
Mr. Geller: Now I'm depressed! ...(To everyone) Even more than I was.
现在我很伤心,比刚才还要伤心
[Scene: Central Perk, the gang are looking at old photos.]
Rachel: Hey, who's this little naked guy?
这个小裸男是谁
Ross: That little naked guy would be me.
是我
Rachel: Aww, look at the little thing.
看看这个小东西
Ross: Yes, yes, fine, that is my penis. Can we be grown-ups now?
没错,是我的小弟弟。我们可以成年人一点吗
Chandler: Who are those people?
Ross: Got me.
难倒我了
Monica: Oh, that's Nana, right there in the middle. (Reads the back) 'Me and the gang at Java Joe's'.
这是奶奶,右边中间,我和一行人摄于爪哇乔家
Rachel: Wow, Monica, you look just like your grandmother. How old was she there?
你看起来像你的奶奶,她当时多少岁
Monica: Let's see, 1939... yeah, 24, 25?
Ross: Looks like a fun gang. (They all look at each other and smile)
看起来玩得很开心
Joey: Ooh, look-look-look-look-look! I got Monica naked!
Ross: (looking) Nono, that would be me again. I'm, uh, just trying something.
这还是我,我只是在尝试一些东西
Closing Credits
[Scene: Chandler's Office, Chandler is on a coffee break as Lowell enters.]
Chandler: Hey, Lowell.
Lowell: Hey, Chandler.
Chandler: So how's it going there in Financial Services?
金融服务部门怎么样
Lowell: It's like Mardi Gras without the paper mache heads. How 'bout you?
就像斋月前没有纸头(简直一团乱)你呢
Chandler: Good, good. Listen, heh, I dunno what Shelley told you about me, but, uh... I'm not.
我不知道雪梨有没有跟你说过,但是我不是
Lowell: I know. That's what I told her.
我知道,我也这么跟他说的
Chandler: Really.
Lowell: Yeah.
Chandler: So- you can tell?
你可以区分
Lowell: Pretty much, most of the time. We have a kind of... radar.
对,同性恋之间有雷达
Chandler: So you don't think I have a, a quality?
你没有觉得我有某种品质
Lowell: Speaking for my people, I'd have to say no. By the way, your friend Brian from Payroll, he is.
代表男同志发言,我得说没有。还有你的朋友布莱恩他是个同性恋
Chandler: He is?
Lowell: Yup, and waaay out of your league. (Exits)
而且你完全配不上
Chandler: Out of my league. I could get a Brian. (Brian enters behind him) If I wanted to get a Brian, I could get a Brian. (Sees him) Hey, Brian.
我配不上???我可以搞定布莱恩。如果我想要搞定布莱恩的话,我就可以。你好,布莱恩