【一句话翻译】Look, Maybees Don't Fly in June

来源: 2021-06-11 07:48:46 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

Just come to play this translation game already! :)

I promised I would not give hard homework this week. However, I took LingYang's suggestions and added a couple of idioms. 

It's the month of June! Summer is still young, let's have some fun! 

Chinese to English

这是六月,叶子和玫瑰的月份,是宜人的景点向双眼致敬, 香味扑鼻而来的时节。

It is the month of June, the month of leaves and roses, When pleasant sights salute the eyes and pleasant scents the noses.  --Nathaniel Parker Willis

English to Chinese

What is one to say about June—the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade? -- Gertrude Jekyll

该如何来形容六月呢-完美的初夏时分,前几个月期盼的兑现,而还没有任何迹象提醒我们这美丽的一切也终有一天会褪色?

【Idioms】

Note: Paraphrase the following two idioms that are marked in bold. You do NOT need to translate the sentences into Chinese. 

1, A: "I think I prefer green, but maybe blue would be a better color for this room." B: "Look, maybees don't fly in June. Just pick one"

Maybees don't fly in June: 

It doesn't do any good to be so indecisive; quit thinking about hypothetical outcomes and make a decision. A pun on "maybe" and "bees," which are most prevalent in the summer months.

2,When I was a college student I didn't have any money so I always traveled on a shoestring.

Traveled on a showstring:

To travel on a shoestring or a shoestring budget means to travel very cheaply. 

Rose, the flower of June

更多我的博客文章>>>