【笑闹美坛】The disappeared BAOZIs

来源: 2021-04-15 14:49:00 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

I like eating Chinese buns (BAOZIs). I always miss the baozi my mother, my sisters or my brother made when I visited them.

I tried to make some baozi myself from scratch. But I just couldn't mix and knead the flour and water into a smooth dough. So I gave up. Whenever  I wanted to eat some baozi,  I bought them from restuarant or bought frozen ones, which were not tasty as I hoped. 

Later, I got a bread machine. I was finally able to make baozi myself thanks to bread machine's making dough function.  

One day, I felt like to have some baozi to eat very much. After  I spent whole Sunday morning prepaing the dough, fillings, kneading and wrapping, eight buns are finally done.  I put the buns on the countertop to let them rise again before steaming them. I felt a litter bit tired, but I was so happy  that I could enjoy baozi in about an hour. While waiting, I decided to take a nap on safa. 

Not sure if I had fallen sleep or not, suddenly I thougth of something. I got off sofa and rushed into the ketchen. 

"啊啊................................."

" My buns!" 

"What happened?"

"What happened?"

"What happened?"

"What happened?"

I saw our dog was standing beside the countertip and putting a bun into his mouth. I snatched it from his mouth and throwed it in the garbage can. 

I looked at the countertop. There was only one bun staying there. 

"Where are those six buns?" I asked my husband, hoping he had put them somewhere else safe.

"I didn't touch any of buns", he answered.

So the dog ate six raw buns!

The rest of the day, I was supposed to enjoy my delicous buns. Instend, I was  in worry what harm the buns would do to the dog. We observed him closely  any signs of being unwell. Luckly, he seemed OK. His next poo was normal, no sigh of any baozi.