【E外桃源】One of the most romantic places in my eyes -- Wave Organ

来源: 2021-03-04 16:58:10 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

(以上图片选自网络)

In my eyes, California is a state that once you come you don't want to leave. 

I remember that right after I moved to California, one of my mom's friends was concerned that there were frequent earthquakes in California. But I forgot her concern very soon.

I do not need to check weather.com and I feel happy due to the sunshine almost every day. The only exception is winter. But, in winter, you will encounter winter rain! How romantic it is! You won't feel cold or depressed but romantic when the winter rain drops fall on your face, your hair and your coat.  

The most romantic place of California in my eyes is the Wave Organ built in 1986. Even before you know what it is, only  by the name, you may like it. The Organ here refers to a keyboard instrument of one or more pipes producing tones.  The Wave Organ is  a sculpture constructed on the shore of San Francisco Bay. You may see the pipes made of concrete. The waves are all around the structures. When you get close to one end of the pipes, you may hear the sounds generated by waves hitting the other end of the pipes. Yes, they are natural. When night falls,stars blink eyes,winds blow and the waves sing. You may forget where you come from and where you are. 

Here are Internet pictures of the Wave Organ. 

Some day, if you have a chance to visit California, I recommend the Wave Organ. If you want to visit there, make sure to visit at high tides for the best sound. 

You might be disappointed as it may not be as good as what you have imagined. 

What is the sentence? "心中若有桃花源,何处不是水云间”。 How to speak this sentence in English?:)

Here is the song “哎呀” sung by me.  The arrangement sounds like the wave or water flow which matches the Wave Organ.:)

哎 呀
作词:曲布
作曲:曲布

哎呀 我想你
哎呀 涩涩地
哎呀 我说不出来
哎呀 我伤心
哎呀 苦苦地
哎呀 我越走越远
我怎么能够这样
让自己这么空白
在风中丢了自己