Exellent writing! Very thought provoking as well!!

来源: 2011-09-10 18:04:13 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

I enjoy it very much!

Is this fair? Is this the equal opportunity that the American Dream has been glorifying?

I think yes, it is fair. We are all born with equal rights, but never really equal.

And the American Dream is still the best dream one can dream of on this planet so I think it is still worth all the glory.

Personally, I don't understand Nan's strong urge to write poem. I haven't read the book yet, maybe he gives a good reason for it in the book. However, for the sole purpose of being blunt to stir up some emotions here in the forum, I think it sounded a little potentious. He seems to be moaning without a reason, typical Chinese intelletual's cliche. (haha) In my opinon,he could always write his poem without sacrificing his material abundance.

When I watched the movie EPL, I felt almost the same for Elisabeth. I remembered thinking to myself, what a spoiled American woman! After reading several Chapters of the book, I start to apprieciate her thinking and frankness, I start to underestand and feel her pain, and I resonate with a lot of her thoughts. The real reason behind it: Her journey - living, not travling, in different cities around the world, is also one of my dreams, which I know I will never have the opportunity to make it come true. The good thing is that I have no complaints about it either. I would never give up any material possessions to pursue it.haha. That's why I will never become a writer.