to buy or not to buy

来源: 2007-10-18 20:25:10 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
看房已很久,终于找到一个比较可心的,这个房子上市有三个月了,主人要搬往其他州工作。It is almost a brand new house, build in 2006,top upgrade interior and exterior. The only concern I have is that the 2nd and 3rd bedroom are very small. The seller accepted our offer which is almost $100,000 lower than initial listing price. However, at another brand new community, the builder suddenly dropped their new house by $100,000 last Saturday. Comparing the price per square footage, this house is more expensive than the build’s one. I went to see the new house, the house is bigger than this one, but the upgrade is not good. I asked several friends of mine, got different opinion: some say it is the good price for the current market but will drop further next year, one of my friends even warned me that he think the housing market is going to drop another 20% next year. I am so upset; do not know how to make final decision. In either way, I am not feeling comfort: if I buy now, I may regret later if market is down further, if I do not buy, I will regret that I missed the opportunity (I’ve been looking around for almost half year).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!