ZT 美国男子乘车谈论基地组织被拘,大家在美国说话要当心了

来源: b93721 2010-01-31 17:01:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2975 bytes)
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/elizabeth_man_is_arrested_afte.html

N.J. man is accused of discussing terrorist threats on Amtrak train in Colorado
By The Associated Press
January 29, 2010, 7:54PM

LA JUNTA, Colo. — An Elizabeth man who alarmed fellow passengers in Colorado by allegedly talking about terrorist threats on a cell phone faces a felony charge of endangering public transportation.

Ojore Nuru Lutalo, 64, who was released from the New Jersey State Prison in Trenton last year, was arrested Tuesday on an Amtrak passage from Los Angeles to Chicago. Passengers alerted authorities after allegedly hearing the man mention al-Qaida and make threats in a cell phone conversation.

After being freed Thursday on $30,000 bail, Lutalo — also known as Leroy Bunting — denied mentioning al-Qaida or making any threats.

“I know better than to make bomb threats,” he told The Associated Press yesterday. “I never made a threat against Amtrak. I’m looking to beat these charges because they have no foundation.” Lutalo was returning from Los Angeles where he spoke at an Anarchist Bookfair.

Passengers told authorities they overheard Lutalo talking to an unknown person about how he hadn’t killed anyone yet, and that he talked about going to jail, according to a police affidavit obtained by the Pueblo Chieftain, a newspaper in Southern Colorado.

Passengers say Lutalo said, “We have to work in small groups. They can hold you for 18 months. Do they have security on these trains? Are you with me or not?”

One passenger said he heard Lutalo allegedly mention al-Qaida, saying, “17th century tactics won’t work, we have 21st century tactics.”

Lutalo had a blanket over his body so the conductor could not see what he was doing. After passengers alerted the conductor, Lutalo was arrested in southeastern Colorado.

Lutalo, at the time, was not armed, authorities said. FBI spokeswoman Kathy Wright said the Joint Terrorism Task Force in Colorado Springs has been notified but that no federal charges are expected.

The suspect, a self-styled “black liberation soldier and political prisoner,” was arrested and charged in 1975 for attempting to rob a bank to fund “revolutionary projects” and engaging in a shootout with police, according to Denver Anarchist Black Cross and a 2008 video interview of Lutalo.

He was paroled in 1980 and arrested again in 1982 for allegedly assaulting and robbing a drug dealer, the Denver Anarchist Black Cross reports. He was released in August from prison.

Bonnie Kerness, of the American Friends Service Committee Prison Watch Program, which has monitored Lutalo’s stay in prison, said yesterday that Lutalo is mild-mannered and that she had spoken with him by phone several times while he was on the train.

“It seems like so much ado about nothing,” she said from the group’s offices in Newark.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”