万里海风

海风吹拂,遐想无边。随手掂来,题材万千。
个人资料
正文

哥哥和妹妹 (四)

(2007-07-16 17:20:26) 下一个

虽然是同一对父母所生,哥哥和妹妹却有许多很不同,甚至相反的地方。

在娘胎里,哥哥和妹妹的表现就大不相同。哥哥一般很安静,动起来的时候常常是一只手臂或一条腿在妈妈的肚皮下划出长长的一道,像游泳似的。妹妹则是很好动,经常在妈妈的肚皮里像猴子一样打功夫,让妈妈难受。哥哥是在晚上妈妈开始休息时开始动的,而妹妹则是日出而作,日入也作,弄得妈妈好不得安宁。

两人出生后的表现就更不相同了。

哥哥是皇家出身的人物。他的长相清秀,肤色白皙,气质高贵。自然,他也有皇家人物的大少爷作风:衣来伸手,饭来张口,作风懒散,从来不为生活琐事烦恼,更从来不觉得吃饭是他自己的事。不过,他倒是没有大户人家常见的那种高高在上的臭架子。他作风随和,平易近人,说话柔和亲切,待人平等仁慈。是个很讨人喜欢的小王子。

妹妹则是平民家出身的人物。她小时候的男性化模样和深深的肤色给人一种很平民化的感觉。而她的勤快、好动和爱管闲事的作风总容易让人生出“穷人的孩子早当家”的感慨。我有时跟太太开玩笑说:“对女儿好点,将来她就是管我们的人了。”

哥哥很随和,比较听话。小时候喂他吃饭的时候,有时候他不想吃,但只要坚持一下,他多半会吃下去。妹妹则是个犟丫头。不想吃的时候,不管你用什么方式喂,逗她也好,分散她的注意力也好,给她看她爱看的电视节目也好,甚至强迫也好,她就是坚决不张口。

哥哥没有那所谓的“TERRIBLE TWO”的阶段。他一直长到现在,六岁多了,才有一点男孩子的调皮劲。但他的调皮程度连一般男孩子的平均值都达不到。

妹妹现在两岁多了,就开始调皮了。譬如,她时常爬到沙发的边上像挂在山崖边那样看电视,吓我们一身冷汗。

哥哥性子慢,在许多事情上磨磨蹭蹭的,很多时候急得我们跳脚,他却还是一副安然自得的样子。

妹妹性子急,要什么马上就要,不给的话,当场哭给你看。有时候没等我们给她拿到第一件她要的东西,她已经提出了要第二、三、四件东西了。弄得我们团团转,招架不来。而她却因为没拿到想要的东西而嚎啕大哭。

妹妹是个能干的孩子,一岁多就自己喂饭,还不要我们帮忙。哥哥快七岁了还要妈妈喂饭--他对吃饭一点兴趣都没有,拖拖拉拉的延了一两个小时,最后妈妈看不过眼了,就拿起剩下的饭来一口口地喂他。他倒也不在乎,跟着一口口地吃。

妹妹整天想要出去外面玩。一岁多在外婆家度假时,常常走到门边鞋柜上拿鞋子要出去。不光拿自己的,还给我们拿。不让她出去,她就不高兴。

而哥哥则不怎么爱动,要我们用好玩的东西,风筝啊、模型飞机啊什么的去引诱他,他才愿意出去玩。

哥哥有一段时间迷上了《西游记》,经常拿着一根断掉头的塑料玩具高尔夫球棒当他的“金箍棒”耍来耍去。妹妹也喜欢上了那根“金箍棒”,一有机会就拿来也舞弄一番。有时他们俩一前一后地提着“金箍棒”在家里走来走去地“旅行”。爸爸说,他们俩倒像是去取经的两位:哥哥像是唐三藏,而妹妹则更像是孙猴子(正巧她也属猴)。

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (6)
评论
海鸥飞处 回复 悄悄话 回复冰溪的评论: 对不起,回晚了。刚从 vacation 回来。谢谢你的鼓励。我也读过你的一些文章。你的孩子们很漂亮,很可爱。
冰溪 回复 悄悄话 很喜欢读你的blog entry. 兄妹俩的故事写得栩栩如生, 好羡慕!:) 做为父亲能有耐心坚持给孩子写博客又写得这么好,真不简单,兄妹俩好福气啊:)
海鸥飞处 回复 悄悄话 melly: Thanks a lot for the compliment!

Yes,I always have the will to dance. But I just can't find the way right now. I paused from dancing a few months before my daughter was born. Then I could not find any way to do regular training and competition any more. I know it's unfair to my wife when I go dancing "having fun" while she is taking care of two young kids. (The reasons I say "having fun" are that, on one hand,no matter how hard the training is, it's always "fun" to us die hard dancers--although our primary purpose is not just have fun. And on the other hand, to the general public, dancing is a "fun" thing to do.)

I have danced with my children: I once did a show (Tango) with my two-year-old son and my partner in a spring recital. Also, I have done a lot of (not so serious) dancing with my children with them on my arm. I can't wait to start teaching them dancing. But my son doesn't like dancing much -- now he doesn't even want to go the ballet school any more. My daughter likes music and dancing a lot though. She often dances on her own to have fun. But she is too small to start real dancing now. Maybe next year we can start her in the "creative dancing" class when she turns three.

Sorry, I don't know what I should do to my blog to allow others to add it into their bookmark. Any idea?
melly 回复 悄悄话 You are really a wonderful and smart Daddy. salute to you! :-)

I do not think I am able to write vividly enough in English. So when I wrote something about my son, I prefered in Chinese. But i enjoy readinh your writings. I like your style.

I remember you once complained you had the will to dance again but couod not find the way. Why not try to dance with your daughter? :-) That must be fun.

By the way, why can't I add your blog into my bookmark?
海鸥飞处 回复 悄悄话 Thanks melly! Yes, we call ourselves members of the "好字俱乐部". :-) Maybe you will have a daughter later so you will join the club too. :)

People always say that boys are supposed to be naughty and naughty boys are smart boys. You can write down his stories (especially the naughty ones) so you can show them to him when he grows up. He may not be interested for a while until he becomes a father too. I am in the same situation: I wasn't paying any attention to my childhood stories until now -- now I beg my parents to write down our childhood stories.

You know why I write those stories in Chinese? Because if my children don't learn Chinese well enough, they won't be able to read them and enjoy them, right? ;)
melly 回复 悄悄话 Your writings of Brother and Sister series are so cute. The kids are so adorable. Admire you very much. See, in chinese words, a son + a daughter = perfect. They are perfect, so is your family. :-)

also left a message under series #1.

Thanks for sharing and have fun.

By the way, my son is in his terrible two period. A real rebel.
登录后才可评论.