家有两个小东西

小东西之一: Olivia, 14 years old 小东西之二: Evan, 11 years old
个人资料
  • 博客访问:
正文

Evan Was Out of It

(2011-01-29 17:36:25) 下一个

For the past couple of months, Evan has asked me to wake him up early the next day every night before he goes to bed. If you ask him why, he would say: "I don't know." But I think he just wants to get ready for the school early so that he can have the extra time before the bus comes to play video games which is a big issue with him nowadays.

Well, his wish finally came true two days after Christmas. Daddy who is a huge college basketball fan wanted to watch a basketball game the night we drove down to Granna's for the family reunion which was a 11 or 12 hr-drive. The game started at 7PM. Usually it is always a drag to get the whole family out of the door. However Daddy made sure we packed everything the night before and woke the whole family up at 6AM that morning so we could be on the road no later than 7:30AM.

Evan had a hard time waking up and he commented specifically about the darkness outside as he was confused and thought it was the night time. He was surprised that he actually woke up before the sunrise which he thought was pretty cool.  

He took a short nap in the morning. In the afternoon however, he got car sick playing video games in the car. He was miserable, took all his layers off except for his T-shirt and cried: "I am hot! Open the window!" It was a cold winter day and we were driving more than 80 miles per hour on the highway. I turned off the heat but didn't open the window for him which made him very upset. He was crying saying things like the seat belt made him hot too. We decided to stop and take a break. I was worried that he was really getting sick (although Daddy was positive that he got car sick from playing the video games from the very start) and it was never fun taking a sick kid on a long trip. Evan eventually calmed down. I set up the comforter and pillows around him so he could sleep more comfortably while buckled and he quickly went to sleep after we hit the road again.

We broke the record and arrived at the stadium after 10 hours of driving.  Evan slept for quite a long time and woke up not long before we arrived. Not sure it was because he woke up too early that morning while it was still dark or he slept too much in the car in the afternoon, he asked Daddy: "Dad, is today the same day we left? Are we in West Virginia (one of the states we drove through)?" 

Daddy answered his question and told him that we were supposed to meet up with Aunt Holly and eat dinner. He asked:" Which one is Aunt Holly?" (He has three Aunts but he should know which one Aunt Holly is as he just saw her in the summer!)

After the game, we went back to Aunt Holly's house and it had been 16 hours since the kids were up but they still wanted to play with their cousins while the adults were getting everything settled for the night. Morgan, the older one of Aunt Holly's two children called my name and asked something. Evan asked her: "How do you know my mom's name?"

"Because she is my aunt." Morgan answered.

"She is???" Evan asked.

Haha… I could not help but laugh. Looked like Evan was really out of it that dayJ.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.