三冬四夏

且挨过三冬四夏,雪尽后再看梅花。
正文

零英语移民加拿大的心酸与甜蜜

(2024-01-19 14:16:50) 下一个

在谈及申请加拿大移民,尤其是技术移民这一畅行无阻的途径时,英语或法语的娴熟程度被誉为决定性的关键。成绩的辉煌,分数的攀升,无疑是通向加拿大的黄金大道。然而,在这移民的波澜壮阔海域中,通过配偶团聚抵港的我犹如一匹逃离渔网的小鱼儿,为这幸福的航程留下了一抹别样的印记。

我发现自己身处幸运的同时,也深感艰难。幸运之处在于,我所经历的移民申请过程仿佛是一场轻松的游戏,以真挚的爱情击败了繁文缛节。然而,艰难之处则在于我对英语的陌生,这使我在适应新的生活中倍感吃力。无论是逛街购物,还是面对病患求医,英语都成了一座高耸的语言障碍大山。尽管我勤奋参加语言培训,却依然难以在全英语工作环境中游刃有余,只得从华人企业开始谨慎迈进。

文化的差异更是另一道难关,不仅仅是语言的屏障,更因我性格内向,无法轻松建立社交关系,从而深陷于融入当地文化的困境。过去所傲视的硬实力在这片新的土地上无法发挥得淋漓尽致,而软实力在异国他乡却显得水土不服,给我带来了深深的挫败感。

或许我并非一位言辞俱佳、口若悬河的言辞家,英语的障碍让我在沟通中有时显得力不从心。然而,正是这份沉默的力量,让我学会聆听,学会了通过眼神、微笑和手势表达自己的思想。

在与陌生文化的碰撞中,我尝到了种种困惑,但也学到了一种更为深刻的理解和宽容。这不仅是一段关于适应的旅程,更是一场对自我的深刻拷问。相信只要努力用心,也可以演奏出一曲属于自己的移民交响曲。

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (5)
评论
宝藏博客挖呀挖 回复 悄悄话 回复 '爱城华侨' 的评论 : 好在这边似乎不当“领导”,也能过上舒服日子。
宝藏博客挖呀挖 回复 悄悄话 回复 'lostman' 的评论 : 厉害!与其焦虑,不如行动!
爱城华侨 回复 悄悄话 我也是几乎0英语来到加拿大的(在国内,学的是日语),2000年移民,感觉来到了另一个星球,听不懂、看不懂。从头学英语,第一年,几乎刀枪不入。又去college学了二年,英语还是不行,去车行打工三年,逮着机会又培训专业英语一年,第8年开始 转回 本行:土木工程。做了 10来年,现在退休了。因为英语的障碍,在加拿大只能当个技术“兵',无法当”领导“。感觉来加拿大 有得有失;而且 没有后悔药吃的了,已经成了历史。现在 尽量 享受 加拿大的好吧。
elfie 回复 悄悄话 My success in immigrating to the U.S is based on just the opposite of you.
I have excellent language skills. Thus I could immerse and adapt quickly into the local life and I don't have cultural barriers because I was an outlier in China.
I never fully adapted to the customs in China as a young adult. So when I came here there was no problem shedding the past influences.
I mean if I had moved to Russia I'd turn into a Russian as well because of my superb language skills. I could be discerned as a local person no different from the others in a couple of years. There are a lot of indigenous people from the Far East part of Russia. Some of them move to Moscow to work but all speak perfect Russian. I could speak some basic Russian and read well. It's just a matter of time that I could speak fluently. Just imagine if I have chosen a different path to emigrate to Russia or Ukraine! Life could be totally different but equally amazing.
Before I came to the U.S I already spoke perfect English, only lack of the colloquial part. I went to college, worked different jobs, married, divorced and joined the military. Then I married again, had multiple children and settled on American life for good. There's never any doubt that I would be part of this world, and not the other world 8000 miles away. I don't have a technology background, but I have a determination to emigrate and immigrate. I wanted to be free of Chinese people and Chinese life. I wanted to be free of my parents and relatives too. Their embrace is suffocating to me. I don't want to be the only child anymore. And I made it to the ends with little means.
lostman 回复 悄悄话 我也是0英语来到加拿大,20年每天花4小时以上阅读,外加看视频电影,把每一本书,小说,报纸都大声读完,每个单词都查词典,连广告卜告都读一遍,开始有些发音语调都不好,到后来水到渠成,
登录后才可评论.