正文

遥想当年, 初读简爱

(2020-12-19 15:46:11) 下一个

初读《简爱》是十二三岁, 本以为看的是善良灰姑娘被富有王子拯救于水火的爱情小说, 没想到懵懂中完成了我的女权意识启蒙。虽然当时, 乃至此后多年, 我都没意识到这本书对我三观的影响和塑造。 此书第一次出版于1847年, 那个时代, 女人只能作为男人的附属而存在, 连财产拥有权都没有, 更别说其他政治, 经济, 社会权利了。 此书的精彩之处就在作者charlotte Bronte 以领先时代的觉悟,细腻却又发人深省的笔触成功塑造了主人公Jane Eyre 独立自尊, 睿智勇毅的饱满艺术形象, 让后世百余年里的普通女性颇受鼓舞, 受惠良多。作为女性, 如何在抛开容貌焦虑, 家世地位金钱加持后, 仍保有自身价值, 仍能撑起一个大写的  ”人“字, 值得思考与践行。 

以下是我认为最浓墨重彩, 振聋发聩的一段, 与各位分享共勉 (斗胆录了音频, 忐忑奉上) :

Do you think I am an automaton? 

A machine without feelings? And can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong!

I have as much soul as you, and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh: it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal — as we are!

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.