个人资料
正文

澳前总理基廷 中国军事威胁论愚蠢 不值得回答

(2023-03-18 16:00:27) 下一个

澳前总理基廷:“中国军事威胁论”愚蠢且不值得回答

2023-03-16 20:58:49中国新闻网

中新网3月16日电 近日,美英澳宣布核潜艇合作方案。澳大利亚前总理保罗•基廷(Paul Keating)15日痛批这一协议是“有史以来最糟糕的交易”,是澳大利亚工党政府做出的“最糟糕的外交决定”。他还指出,所谓的“中国军事威胁论”非常愚蠢,且“不值得回答”。

3月13日,美国圣迭戈,美国总统拜登(中)、澳大利亚总理阿尔巴尼斯(左)和英国首相苏纳克共同宣布美英为澳大利亚配备核潜艇的具体计划。

3月13日,美国圣迭戈,美国总统拜登(中)、澳大利亚总理阿尔巴尼斯(左)和英国首相苏纳克共同宣布美英为澳大利亚配备核潜艇的具体计划。

当地时间13日,美、英、澳三国领导人就所谓“美英澳三边安全伙伴关系”(AUKUS)举行会谈,并公布了向澳大利亚提供核潜艇和常规武器的三阶段计划的细节。

根据会后三方公布的联合声明,美国将向澳大利亚出售3艘美国“弗吉尼亚”级核潜艇,交易大概在2030年代初完成,后续可能再追加出售2艘。三国还计划,以美国和英国的技术为基础,合作研制一种新型核潜艇。澳大利亚军方官员称,整个计划预计将在2055年完成,耗资2450亿美元。

15日,在接受澳全国记者协会活动采访时,澳大利亚前总理基廷指出,澳大利亚放弃法国的潜艇计划转而寻求向美国购买核潜艇,不仅耗资巨大,而且是一个没有经过深思熟虑的仓促决定。

Paul keating savages AUKUS nuclear submarine deal

图片来源:澳大利亚广播公司(ABC)报道截图

图片来源:澳大利亚广播公司(ABC)报道截图

“让我们国家同另一个国家——美国——签署协议,为他们的偏好服务,后面还跟着没头没脑的英国人,这可不是什么好景象。”他说。

基廷认为,“尽管代价巨大,但AUKUS既不能解决本地区大国竞争的挑战,也不能解决澳大利亚人民和澳大利亚大陆的安全问题。”

谈到所谓的“中国军事威胁论”时,基廷表示,中国“不会攻击我们,也从未威胁要攻击我们”。

他假设道,“带着一支庞大的军队舰队占领我们,中国人不可能做出这种事。”

他指出,“美英澳三边安全伙伴关系”完全是美国为了在亚洲维持其战略霸权。“美国在亚洲没有土地,并非是亚洲国家,但它自称并想要成为亚洲主要的战略部分。”

“阿尔巴尼斯的错误在于,帮着美国‘拧紧了为遏制中国而打造的长链中的最后一道锁’。”基廷说。

中国外交部发言人汪文斌3月15日强调,中方敦促美英澳切实履行核不扩散义务,不要损害机构保障监督体系的权威性、有效性。我们也敦促机构秘书处严格根据授权履行职责,不要为三国的核扩散行为背书。

同时,中方呼吁机构所有成员国积极推进政府间进程,就美英澳核潜艇合作涉及的保障监督问题寻求解决办法,捍卫以《不扩散核武器条约》为基石的国际核不扩散体系,维护国际和平与安全。

【编辑:何路曼】

Paul Keating savages AUKUS nuclear submarine deal as Labor's worst since conscription

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-15/paul-keating-anthony-albanese-penny-wong-aukus-nuclear-china/102098142

By Brett Worthington , updated 

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.

Play Video. Duration: 1 minute 35 secondsPaul Keating says Defence is now running foreign affairs policy.

Former prime minister Paul Keating has taken aim at Australia's AUKUS nuclear-powered submarine deal with the United States and the United Kingdom, calling it the "worst international decision" by a Labor government since conscription in World War I. 

Key points:

• The AUKUS deal will see Australia spend up to $368 billion to acquire nuclear-powered submarines
  • Mr Keating has dubbed it one of the worst deals in history
  • He insists Australia should draw closer to China than to the United States and the United Kingdom

The former Labor leader also offered a scathing assessment of the government's most senior politicians, including Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, Defence Minister Richard Marles, and Foreign Affairs Minister Penny Wong, dubbing Mr Marles and Senator Wong "seriously unwise ministers".

"This week, Anthony Albanese screwed into place the last shackle in the long chain the United States has laid out to contain China," Mr Keating said in a written statement issued before he addressed the National Press Club on Wednesday.

"No mealy-mouthed talk of 'stabilisation' in our China relationship or resort to softer or polite language will disguise from the Chinese the extent and intent of our commitment to United States's strategic hegemony in East Asia with all its deadly portents.

"History will be the judge of this project in the end. But I want my name clearly recorded among those who say it is a mistake. Who believes that, despite its enormous cost, it does not offer a solution to the challenge of great power competition in the region or to the security of the Australian people and its continent."

Mr Keating has been critical of the AUKUS defence pact since it was first struck between the three nations 18 months ago.

Anthony Albanese, Joe Biden and Rishi Sunak speak at lecturns underneath each of their country's flags
Australia will build UK-designed boats that feature US combat technology.(Reuters: Leah Millis)

Mr Albanese met with US President Joe Biden and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak in California earlier this week, where they finalised a deal for Australia to buy and build nuclear-powered submarines, costing up to $368 billion over three decades.

Australia will eventually build British-designed nuclear-powered submarines with American combat systems.

Before that happens, Australia will buy at least three US nuclear-powered submarines early next decade — boats that might be second-hand and need US Congressional approval. 

The Coalition has endorsed the deal.

"For $360 billion, we're going to get eight submarines. It must be the worst deal in all history," Mr Keating said.

The nuclear-powered submarines will replace Australia's ageing diesel-powered Collins Class submarines, which Mr Keating took credit at the National Press Club for acquiring with then-Labor defence minister Kim Beazley. 

Mr Beazley, in an interview with the ABC's Afternoon Briefing, said he disagreed with Mr Keating's assessment that the AUKUS deal was the worst international decision by a Labor government since World War I.

"I don't agree with that — no. And I think it's a good decision that's been arrived at with detailed consideration," he said.

"I actually think we need these submarines. It's a question of their speed and the areas that they have to cover."

Australian, American and British officials have cited the growth of China's military as a key reason for Australia needing nuclear-powered submarines.

Mr Keating dismissed China's growing military as posing a threat to Australia.

"Let me say this: China has not threatened us," he said.

Mr Keating, who said he spoke for both Labor politicians and grassroots members who felt they could not speak out, said nothing short of a Chinese naval fleet heading for Australia should be considered a threat. 

"We wouldn't need submarines to sink an armada, an armada of Chinese boats and troop ships," he told the press club. "We'd just do it with planes and missiles."

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton described Mr Keating's comments as "unhinged".

Speaking to the ABC's 7.30 program, Mr Marles refused to criticise Mr Keating for his opinions but insisted the government was acting in Australia's best interest.

"Whatever Paul Keating says about myself, the Foreign Minister, the Prime Minister – you won't hear a bad word from us about him," Mr Marles said.

"The Hawke-Keating government was the great peacetime reformist, long-term government in our history. It's a government that finished in 1996, and our responsibility is to be governing the country in the national interest in 2023."

Mr Marles also defended Senator Wong against Mr Keating's assessment of her time as foreign minister, arguing she has done a "great deal" to repair international relations in the Pacific region.

"Penny Wong has done more in respect of putting an emphasis on our relations with the Pacific than any foreign minister, within a year – she really is one of the greatest foreign ministers we've had," Mr Marles said.

He also praised Mr Albanese for his presence on the international stage.

"He's actually the person who stabilised our relations with China, but he understands the importance of getting the hard power equation right — that's what we're doing here."

Posted , updated 

Related Stories

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.