Karen讲故事

享受生命恩典,体会圣经故事
正文

Reflection on Revelation 2 | 沉思启示录2

(2017-01-15 19:37:35) 下一个

AuthorKaren   Narrator:Liying

I visited Turkey with some brothers and sisters in last May. We went to the geographic sites where seven churches mentioned in Revelation were located. When the LORD instructed John to write letters to those seven churches, they were probably gathering places or house churches for believers. The church buildings or ruins we saw today are very likely built later.

Even though there is no where to trace the seven churches' buildings, we must keep in mind that God builds His Church in believers' hearts, which is the body of Christ, which stands forever.

However, my Turkey tour does help me to grip more real sense what the letters to the seven churches talk about.

First I realized that they are down to earth real letters to seven real churches. Those churches faced external pressure to compromise with the world and internal pressure to compromise biblical truth. Likely, we face pressure from others around us and pressure from sinful nature within us. They were afraid not being able to overcome. We have the same fear for ourselves or for our loved ones. But when I read the letters, I'm so encouraged by the fact that Jesus knew their struggle as churches and individuals. The LORD spoke the words "I know" to each church. He intimately knows all actions and read the innermost depths of all hearts. He speaks words of affirmation to our commendable deeds, hard work, perseverance, .... He speak words of challenge   to our condemnable aspects, for example, forsaken the love we had at first. The letters reflect real situations, call for real repentance. The LORD walks among the churches , trimming the wicks of some of the lamps where needed and feeding others with the oil of his grace. In the same way, the Holy Spirit in our hearts is doing the similar thing to forge us to be more and more His likeness using the tool of His Word, under the conditions of this fallen world and our dark desires.

Jesus calls us to hear what the Spirit says to the churches in all seven letters. This repetition speaks the importance of this appeal. The call is for spiritual listening and an obedient heart to motivate righteous actions. It is our responsibility to response to the LORD's call.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God." Rev.2:7

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Tho one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death." Rev2:11

Do you desire the right from the creator of heaven and earth to access to "the tree of life"? God barred the access to this tree when sin first entered the world in Genesis. Now , in Revelation, the final book of Bible, the LORD promises access to the tree of life to those who overcome sin by His blood and power.

The first death, phisical death, is not man's most dreadful threat. The second death introduces a soul into eternal punishment. Belivers in Jesus will not experience the second death. He promised. Are you comforted?

2015年五月,我跟着几个弟兄姐妹们一起去了一趟土耳其,到了启示录提到的七个教会所在地参观。当年,主指示约翰给这七个教会写信时,这几个教会很可能是信徒们的聚集地点,最有可能是在某人家里。我们去看到的教堂建筑或者废墟大概是以后才建的。

尽管当时七个教会的痕迹难以寻找,我们要谨记神把祂的教会建立在信徒的心里,这教会是基督的身体,永远耸立着。

当然,土耳其之行确实帮助我更真实地体会到给七个教会的信所涉及的内容。

首先,我意识到它们确实是写给七个曾经存在过的教会的信件,外来的压力逼迫这些教会与世界妥协,内部的压力逼迫它们不要坚持真理。我们现在的情况和当时类似,也受到来自周围之人的压力和自身罪性的压力。他们担心自己扛不住这些压力,我们也担心自己和自己所爱的人扛不住这样的压力。但当我读这些信时,我深受鼓励,因为主耶稣深知教会层面和个人层面的挣扎,我们的主告诉每个教会说,“我知道”。 主耶稣知道每一间教会所做的事,透识每个人的心灵深处。祂称赞我们的善行,劳苦和忍耐;祂责备我们的欠缺,比如,离弃了起初的爱心。这些信件反映了当时教会的实情,呼吁信徒们真心悔改。 主在众教会中行走,照料象征教会的灯台,给有些灯台剪灯芯,给有些灯台添加恩典之油。同样地,在世界堕落,人心向恶的背景下,住在我们里面的圣灵,一直用主的话当工具,打造我们越来越有主的样式。

主耶稣在给教会的七封信里,每一封都呼吁读信的人要聆听圣灵对教会所说的话,重复的呼吁说明了其重要性。这个呼吁是对着我们的心灵喊出来的,呼吁顺服的心,生出行义的动机。我们都有责任回应主的呼吁。

“圣灵向众教会所说的话,凡有耳的,都应当听!得胜的,我必将神乐园中生命树的果子赐给他吃。” 启2:7

“圣灵向众教会所说的话,凡有耳的,就应当听!得胜的,必不受第二次死的害。” 启2:11

你渴望从天地的创造者那里得到许可,去接近“生命树”吗?圣经的第一卷书创世记告诉我们,当罪第一次进入世界时,神禁止任何人走近这棵“生命树”。圣经的最后一卷书启示录告诉我们,主应许所有靠着祂的宝血和大能战胜罪的人,可以接近“生命树”。

第一次的死亡,肉体的死亡,不构成对人们的最大威胁。第二次的死亡,才会把灵魂丟进永恒的惩罚。信主的人不会经历第二次的死亡,主自己做的保,你是否大得安慰?

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.