正文

m China Trust Bank. The weather held for the final day after fog

(2016-03-18 00:46:58) 下一个

BALTIMORE -- Orlando (Zeus) Brown, the 360-pound tackle who in 1999 was accidentally hit in the eye with a penalty flag and missed three seasons because of the damage it caused, was found dead at his Baltimore home. Julian Green Bayern Munich Jersey . He was 40. Firefighters were called about 11 a.m. Friday because Brown was unresponsive at his home near the Inner Harbor, fire spokesman Battalion Chief Kevin Cartwright said. He said Brown was dead when firefighters arrived. The cause of death wasnt known. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said firefighters called police, routine procedure in such cases. He said there were no signs of trauma or suspicious activity. Brown, a six-foot-seven offensive tackle, played 10 NFL seasons -- four with the Cleveland Browns (1993-95 and 1999) and six with the Baltimore Ravens (1996-98 and 2003-05). He started 119 of his 129 games. Brown will be remembered for the game between Cleveland and Jacksonville a dozen years ago when the massive tackle was struck in the right eye by a weighted penalty flag thrown by official Jeff Triplette. Brown stormed on the field and pushed Triplette, drawing a suspension. Brown, whose father was blind from glaucoma, said concern for his eyesight caused him to confront Triplette. Brown was hospitalized for six days with bleeding behind the eye. He sued the NFL for US$200 million, settling the lawsuit for $25 million. He missed the next three seasons because of the injury, returning to football and the Ravens for the 2003 season. The Ravens learned of Browns death during practice. "Everybody knew what he meant to this organization," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "Were forever grateful for what he did for the present team. We cant express enough sorrow for his loss." Ravens director of player development Harry Swayne, Browns former teammate and fellow tackle, called Brown "a big old puppy dog with a little bit of a bark." "He had a lot of friends around the league," he added. "He was one of the best guys. Its a tough loss." Browns tackle Tony Pashos played three seasons in Baltimore with Brown. "He was a really good teammate," Pashos said. "I came in under him as a backup. Even when Zeus wasnt on the team he came around and supported us. He loved us. He loved football. He could never walk away. Man, I cant believe it." "I remember the attitude he brought to the building to the room," he added. "He tried hard. He told the young guys throughout practice to try hard and work on technique but then when it comes to games, its about taking the other guys will. And he was the apex of that. He did do that." Former Ravens coach Brian Billick said Brown will always be one of his favourites. "He brought such passion and physicality to practices and games," Billick said in a statement released by the Ravens. "There is no way to quantify his heart, his actual love to play football. The game was so important to him." New England coach Bill Belichick, too, was shocked by the death of Brown, whom he signed and coached for three years with Cleveland. "Orlando improved as a player as much as anyone I have ever seen, as he went from being a defensive lineman at South Carolina State to becoming one of the games top offensive tackles, when he sustained his unfortunate eye injury," Belichick said in a statement. "Orlando was a true throwback player who loved football and was as tough as they come." Brown was a frequent visitor to the Ravens practices, tutoring young linemen Jah Reid and Ramon Harewood. "He took time out of his busy schedule over the last couple of months to work with me to help me grow as a player," Harewood said. "To have a player and man of his stature do that for a young player like myself says all you need to know about him." Brown was born in Washington and played in college at Central State in Ohio and South Carolina State. He was divorced and is survived by three sons. Gyasi Zardes USA Jersey . The loss completed Ottawas opening round series victory and sent the Northeast Division-winning Habs to the dressing room to pack after just five games. Gianluca Gaudino Bayern Munich Jersey ." Meet the "Genie Army" -- a dozen boisterous Aussies who, despite boasting zero connection to Canada, have become Bouchards unofficial cheerleaders at the Australian Open.DALY CITY, Calif. - After a whirlwind week featuring a multitude of celebrations that included her first LPGA Tour victory as a pro, Lydia Ko planned to sleep late Monday before catching a San Francisco cable car for a little bit of sightseeing. What a successful, memorable trip she had to the Bay Area. Ko turned 17 and had "Happy Birthday" sung to her at the first tee box to kick off the inaugural Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic, earned a spot as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by TIME magazine, and captured her first LPGA Tour title as a professional — all while playing with a fill-in caddie from the local club. "Normally they would say sweet 16, but I would say its sweet 17," Ko said. "I dont think I could have any better birthday week." Poised and unflappable, Ko made the perfect pitch up to the green from the rough to birdie the final hole Sunday, holding off Stacy Lewis and Jenny Shin for her third LPGA win in all. It went down to the final shots, and the teen made a 6-foot birdie putt moments before Lewis knocked in a 4-footer of her own to finish one stroke back. After beginning the day a stroke behind Lewis, Ko birdied three of her final four holes on the front nine on the way to a 3-under 69 and 12-under 276 total at Lake Merced. Ko earned $270,000, celebrating on the 18th green three days after celebrating her birthday at the first tee box with the gallery singing "Happy Birthday." Ko, born in South Korea and raised in New Zealand, will move up two spots to No. 2 in the next world ranking. Her father, G.H., got to see her win Sunday. "Tears nearly ran down my face. You may lose friends, but youre always going to have your parents," Ko said. "I try to make myself not cry of happiness, but it was coming to that point." She won the Canadian Womens Open as an amateur the last two years and took the Swinging Skirts World Ladies Masters in December in Taiwan in her second start as a professional. She has six victories in pro events, also winning in Australia and New Zealand. All three of Kos LPGA wins have come on courses most of the other golfers also played for the first time. The third-ranked Lewis finished with a 71 for her sixth runner-up finish since winning the Womens British Open in August. She will head to her home state of Texas next week loooking to build on a disappointing near miss in which she struggled all day with her short game. Joe Corona USA Jersey. "I knew she wasnt going away. Lydia played great," Lewis said. "Every time I hit a shot in there, she answered." Shin, still looking for her first tour win after her best finish this year, had a 68 to finish two shots behind. "They were fearless," Shin said about her playing partners, "They just went for it." Playing together for the fourth straight day, neither Ko nor Lewis hit any dazzling shots early. Kos second of three bogeys came on the 417-yard, par-4 seventh in which her tee shot hit a tree and dropped in the rough. Lewis 10-foot birdie putt on No. 9 lipped out. Ko pulled into a first-place tie at 10 under as they made the turn on a picture-perfect spring day, then took the lead with a birdie on No. 13. Lewis went in the bunker, missed the green and two-putted for bogey to fall two back. "The front nine, I did everything I wanted to do, the putts just didnt go in," Lewis said. "I expected her to do exactly what she did today. ... She hit every shot she needed to make from 13 on in." There were two holes-in-one Sunday: Jimin Kang on the 164-yard third and Dewi Claire Schreefel with a 7-iron on the 157-yard 12th hole that earned her a $100,000 prize from China Trust Bank. The weather held for the final day after fog and rain delays earlier in the tournament. This event was the LPGAs first in the Bay Area since the 2010 CVS/pharmacy LPGA Challenge at Blackhawk in Danville. Organizers and club officials are optimistic about keeping the tournament at Lake Merced. Donna Lowe, Lake Merced general manager, hopes an announcement would come within a month to begin planning for 2015. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee has spoken with Swinging Skirts Chairman Johnson Wang, while Lowe has received positive feedback from LPGA Commissioner Michael Whan, players and their caddies. "So far, its just been amazing and very positive and uplifting," Lowe said of the feedback. DIVOTS: Michelle Wie, who won last week in her home state of Hawaii, tied for ninth at 2 under. Second-ranked Suzann Pettersen shot a 70 to finish at 3 over in her first event since last month after missing three tournaments with a back injury. Top-ranked Inbee Park tied for fourth at 6 under. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.