an event of supernatural fingers dancing

(2016-08-23 21:42:33) 下一个

Uploaded on Sep 27, 2011

1. Allegro Moderato - 1:07
2. Adagio di molto - 17:18
3. Allegro, ma non tanto - 25:09

Jean Sibelius (1865 - 1957)
Sarah Chang playing the solo violin
Jaap van Zweden conducting the Radio Filharmonisch Orkest (RFO)

• Category

• License

• Standard YouTube License

Comments • 1,868

Lemon77UG

2,222,250 views! At least that's what came out in the search.?
View all 13 replies
jbfarley

+Valentina G. no... no it's not?
CL L

Especially since Asperger's is no longer recognized as a valid disorder diagnosis by the American Psychiatric Association?
Hide replies
Camilo G.Tavira

11:15 that wall behind seems to be impressed xD?

Kerizzma

The second her bow hit the strings, I got the chills.?

amesakurako1

Never knew Lenin could conduct so well!?
Johnny Appleseed

omg?
Mordecai Ben-Horin

??? ????? ?? ???? ????? ????????????? ????"? ??????: "?? ???/?? ??? ????? ?????, ???? ????? ???? ????? ?????? ??? ???, ??? ?????, ??? ????, ??? ????? ??????. ???? 1/2 ??? ??? ?????? ? 20 ????????. ?????? ??? ???? 27$ '??? ????? ?????(?????)...". ??? ???????. ????????. ????????. ??? ???????? ???????? ??? ????? ???????/?????? ?'?????????' ?? ????? ?????? ??????? ?'? ?????? ?????? ???? ???? ?????? ???? ????? ???? ????? ???? ?? ??????? ?????? ?????, ???? ?????. ?? ?'???????? ?????' ??????? ????? ????? ??????? ??? ??? ???????? ????????.??? ???? ?? 200.000.000 ??????
Terry Guan

I think I just witnessed an event of supernatural fingers dancing...?

Samantha Springer

16:54 movement 1 ends; 17:22 Adagio di Molto movement 2 starts; 25:15 movement 3?

ltyr2001 1

Close your eyes and she's an old soul playing this piece! Awesome! I would have thought it was some old grizzled master playing the violin on this. Stunning.?

A Kumar

Sara Chang ,this is some eternal, you're marvellous and melodiously beautiful...?

Xx1SAGE

Why the FUCK is everyone clearing their throats all the time like they've got a fish bone stuck in their pipe.?
Jasmine Lenny

AHAHAHA!?
Rolando Reyes

In the New Year of 1904, a young man in Ainola, Finland has just finished writing  a violin concerto. Some say, that he wrote it as a testimony to his failed ambition to become a violin virtuoso, pouring into it every known technical difficulty and then some.   Today, it is considered as one of the most intense and difficult violin concerto ever written. Its first premier in Helsinki was a disaster which forced the young man to make plenty of revisions. Subsequently, after a successful Berlin concerto the following year, it has become one of the most recorded violin concertos. The name of the author is Jean Sibelius.   In  the winter of 1993, a young woman from the other side of the world, traveled to Ainola, Finland and visited the house of Sibelius.  She needed to know and understand how this magnificent violin concerto came into being from the land of the midnight sun.   Winter in Finland is dark and harsh. It can kill. But, the young lady chose this season, because she knew Sibelius used the winter landscape as a material for his music. The day she visited, Ainola was drenched with snow so deep, that even Lake Tuusula disappeared from view. She stepped into the house and was shown the window that Sibelius chose to keep  open to break the winter silence.  As she looked out the window in this cold, freezing day, she could make out the outline of the frozen  lake  and suddenly she felt the intense, brooding melancholy that is synonymous with Sibelius’ name. Now, she finally understood why the maestro  described his concerto as “confessions of faith”, and that it was compressed to the point of ultimate silence. “Never write an unnecessary note,” he proclaimed. “Every note must live.”   Since then, she made sure each note pouring out of her violin is alive! The young lady looking out of the Sibelius window was 13 years old. Her name is  Sarah Chang.?

Witold W. Banasik

Charismatic and good-looking Sarah complements the marvelous masterpiece by Sibelius. Thank you for uploading the gem like this one.?

Tony Baluyot

im confused..this violin concerto in d major was composed by Peter Tchaikovsky..who is Sibelius? anyone please explain? thanks?
View all 4 replies
Tony Baluyot

sorry..my mistake..i didn' t read properly..thanks?
Tony Baluyot

i listend to tchaikovsky's violin concerto in d major op. 35..it was brilliant with Miss Sayka Shoji as violinist.?
Hide replies
Alien Geek

Excellent example for: " hide the face, & f$%k the base"?

???

???? ???????

Soul 魂

Holy crap. There are some amazing people out there huh. I'm 15 and I just started playing the violin I can't do vibrato and I still need tapes. I've been playing for two months. But someday I'll be good, and maybe when I'm a grandma I'll be as good as this girl.?
lzd

lol she was admitted to Juilliard at age 5. I swallowed a piece of plastic wrapper at age 7?
Authentic Artificial

Always have fun playing the instrument and don't play to be better than others.?
Ji Eun Kim

In my opinion Sibelius has to be played in the way Sarah Chang does. Crude like earth, yet with passion and subtleness at the same time.?

sanjosemike

Definitely Sibelius' best work. Truly inspired. Sibelius found a "spot" of intensity that is unmatched in classical (or any other genre') work. It touches us and always will. I had the honor of meeting Ms. Chang while we were waiting for a plane at the Seattle airport. She had her violin of course. I said: "You're Sarah Chang, aren't you?" She was really surprised that I recognized her. It was many, many years ago at the start of her illustrious career. She was gracious and friendly. She remarked to me that she was "grateful for her career", but the "traveling was exhausting." I guess that classical musicians don't expect to be recognized in public. I pity those who have not opened their hearts to classical music. Concertos like this have the ability to touch our hearts at a level that nothing else has. sanjosemike?
View all 6 replies
Hide replies
JC Eriksen

It's a fine performance. She ran out of steam in the third movement. Not surprising. Most performances let down. Not Oitrach, not mutter. But Bell is up and down. A truly sublime piece of music.?

Jin LEE

Na na na na nice!!?

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.