归档
正文

censorship

(2015-06-23 15:27:21) 下一个

a pleasant surprise [复制链接]

楼主

发表于 2015-6-8 14:47 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 LongLeeLu 于 2015-6-9 08:54 编辑

Reading "本主题由 admin 于 2015-5-18 18:55 反删除" is a pleasant surprise! I got this back to my readers. Thanks! Editor!

Let me make clear: I support censorship - I stay with SciNet cn as I like its censorship. Without censorship, you can read some terrible stuff out there - weeds grow so much that you can see your valuable crop. However, Censorship should be governed with guidelines - clear enough for all to understand.  

All the topics of my writing focus on education, science, technology, and culture. I don't touch any politics. Thus, sometimes, I got frustrated by knowing posts got deleted as I don't preserve any drafts: It's my habit and practice, writing what comes to my mind at the moment - breathing the moment. Write it down, move on, but I do remember I wrote.

US President Lyndon Johnson said: "Doing what's right isn't the problem. It's knowing what's right (that's the problem)." As my focus on education, science, technology, and culture, I didn't know why my posts got censored and blocked from readers.
I don't have any intention to cross any "red lines" - neither do I want to offend anyone, any where; nor do I want to be offended in any way. I do pray for a world peace upon all humans.

Well, I appreciate the editor to release this post - many bloggers like me, with good intention, just a giver - giving up their time and energy for a better China, a better world.

Thanks again - you're in my thought and prayer.

查看: 173|回复: 0
go  
[Inspiration] Writer, a cheerful giver or a taker? [复制链接]
LongLeeLu : 查看个人网站查看详细资料

金牌会员

楼主  

发表于 2015-4-20 12:08 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印

In life, you got two activities - give and take. How can you balance both? it 's tough sometimes for me. For example, writing for the public - it's a give as I thought; however, it's a take sometimes as writing gives me joy - God lover cheerful givers.

I read - a take, but I write - a give. I cite other's work, a give, credit to others. I write, a give from me, offering my perspective for readers. Writing is a gift from God to me: I got use it for His purpose - glorify the Lord and help others.

Be cheerful in your writing, for serving Him.

Question: "How can I become a more cheerful giver?"

Answer:  The greatest giver this world has ever known was Jesus Christ. Leaving behind the riches and glory of His heavenly kingdom, He came to Earth and willingly gave His life so that we could keep ours. As God predestined His children to be conformed to the likeness of His Son (Romans 8:29), there can be no better way to emulate Jesus Christ than by giving selflessly the way He did. Our Savior Himself told us, “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35). Quite simply, then, our greatest motivation for cheerful and generous giving should be that it pleases the Lord and reflects His gift of salvation to us.

The second letter to the Corinthians reveals a number of inspiring truths that should help us become more cheerful givers. As Paul wisely admonished the Corinthians, “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously” (2 Corinthians 9:6). This indelible truth was also stated by Solomon a thousand years earlier: “Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing” (Proverbs 3:9-10). And Christ Himself told us, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap” (Luke 6:38). Indeed, “Good will come to him who is generous” (Psalm 112:5).

This principle is unfailingly clear—we cannot out-give our gracious Creator. The more we give in service to the Lord, the more we will get in return. In fact, the only place in the Bible where God invites us to test Him is Malachi 3:10 where He is talking about our offerings made unto Him: “Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and poor out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” Once more, the words of Solomon echo this: “One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:24-25).

As Paul stated, “God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7). Cheerful giving, therefore, should be a way of life for the Christian who understands the grace of God. When we give generously and with a willing heart, God assures us He will watch over us and provide for us (Isaiah 58:9; Psalm 41:1-3; Proverbs 22:9; 2 Corinthians 9:8, 11). And we need to remember that it’s not just our treasure that we are to cheerfully give back to God. As King David pointed out, everything we have is from God (1 Chronicles 29:14), and this includes our talents and our time as well. As ours days are numbered (Psalm 139:16), our time indeed belongs to God. And any gifts we have are also from Him; therefore, “each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms” (1 Peter 4:10).

For God so loved the world that He gave.We would do well to remember that we are saved because our God so generously gave (John 3:16). As His children, we are called to be “the light of the world” (Matthew 5:14). When we trust God and honor Him by generously giving our time, treasure, and talent, we are truly letting our light shine before men, and our goodness will reflect radiantly on our Father in heaven.

Recommended Resources:  The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn and Logos Bible Software.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/cheerful-giver.html#ixzz3XskDt4hA
http://www.gotquestions.org/cheerful-giver.html (April 20, 2015 accessed)
What does it mean to be a cheerful giver?
Giving in the church is a little confusing. Unlike Jews in the Old Testament, we are not commanded to tithe 10% of our income to our primary place of worship. We are, however, exhorted to financially support both our local church and other believers in need around the world.

In 2 Corinthians 9, Paul reminds the church in Corinth that they had promised to collect money for other believers. He writes, "The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).

The word translated "cheerful" is the Greek hilaros, and means pretty much the same—cheerful, joyous. But it also has a sense of readiness. It means to be ready to act at a moment's notice, to be prepared.

With today's economy, it can be difficult for even the most faithful to give to the church cheerfully—either joyously or readily. There are some things we can do, however, that might help change our attitude.

- Remember where it came from. James reminds us, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights …" (James 1:17). Every blessing we have, including money, is from God.

- Remember what we owe. Romans 8:32 says, "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" The "all things" here refers to victory in this life and salvation for the next. A monetary donation is nothing compared to what we receive because of Jesus' sacrifice.

- Remember what the money is used for. The money that Paul collected was usually earmarked for the poor saints in Jerusalem (Romans 15:26). These were people who stayed in Jerusalem and developed the foundation of the church. Many lived in poverty after abandoning homes and farms to learn more about Jesus. Ultimately, this is what our offering should go to—the equipping of the saints and the spread of the Gospel. If it doesn't, we need to rethink who is worthy of our gifts.

- Remember God's promise to the giver. Jesus tells us, "give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap" (Luke 6:38). This does not mean that God will always financially bless those who give, but if we make Him a priority, He will take care of us.

God's gifts are meant not only to bless us, bur for us to use to bless others (1 Peter 4:10). To give grudgingly or not at all is a sign of a heart issue—that we value money, comfort, and security more than the Kingdom of God. It is only when we learn to give ourselves to Christ that we can cheerfully give to support His purpose. If we find giving money to God's work difficult, we probably haven't given our heart, either.

Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/cheerful-giver.html#ixzz3XsjFSEYl
http://www.compellingtruth.org/cheerful-giver.html  (April 20, 2015 accessed)

本主题由 admin 于 2015-5-18 18:55 反删除

评分  收藏0 分享0

- Write with meticulous search and fun.
[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.