个人资料
  • 博客访问:
正文

Dr. Thomas LoMonaco

(2019-04-10 22:04:24) 下一个

https://www.thesilversingingmethod.com/2012/03/bio-of-dr-thomas-lomonaco-my-mentor.html

Bio of Dr. Thomas LoMonaco - my mentor!!

Dr. Thomas Lo Monaco 1922-2012
D. Thomas Lo Monaco was born in 1922 and is a graduate of Columbia University. He was the teacher of Jerry Hadley and dozens of other singers with international careers.
He also briefly gave voice lessons to Marilyn Horne early on in her career as a soprano. Additionally, Dr. Lo Monaco gave voice lessons to Peter Boyle and Anthony Quinn. Anthony Quinn, in fact, wanted him to tour with him as his sole teacher, but Tom would not leave his other students.
Dr. Lo Monaco's brother, Jerome Lo Monaco, was also the lead tenor at NYC Opera for more than a decade. He taught Hildegard Behrens who said, "Jerome is the only teacher who ever helped me because he taught me to sing in chest voice." Both Dr. Lo Monaco and Jerome Lo Monaco were students of voice scientist Douglas Stanley who wrote many books on the science of singing. Both Dr. Lo Monaco and his brother Jerome greatly modulated Stanley's technique to take advantage of the good things they were taught while leaving behind things that did not work or were misinformed. Douglas Stanley also taught Nelson Eddy and Cornelius Reid.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.