Amazon专栏作家 http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Fu/e/B004Y218FQ
个人资料
圈外闲人 (热门博主)
  • 博客访问:
正文

游山记:我说,他说,她说(3)― 朱姆沃尔特大草甸

(2011-07-14 20:52:18) 下一个

说:
朱姆沃尔特大草甸(Zumwalt Meadows)是国王峡谷中最流行的远足小道,道路不长,坡度不大,属于难度较低的路线。沿途的大森林开满了野花,一边是蜿蜒流淌的国王河,另一边是垂直的花岗岩峭壁,远处则是高耸的Glacier Monument和Buck Peak。

我们走了两个小时,道路的尽头是大草甸。眼前是一望无际的绿草,宁静如镜的河流,掩映于青黛色的松林和灰白色的峭壁,一幅多么美丽的画卷!

自从在博格上发布了孩子们的日记,就有叔叔阿姨问了:是他们自愿写的日记,还是布置的作业?儿子的日记是布置的,每天回到住处后写。女儿则是自己要求的,哥哥写日记,她也要写,哈哈,自己跳进去的。我的日记是回来后补的,整理着拍下的照片,读一读儿女的日记,仿佛又去旅游了一回噢。

儿子说:
Today is Tuesday, the third day of our trip. Because of the earlier days’ tedious long drives, we decided to stay near our lodge today. We decided to walk to some meadow. The first attraction along the hike was the Roaring River Falls. The falls weren’t very big, but the force of the small river could still be felt by the mist reaching all the way across the river and the loud noise as the gallons of water smashed into a wall of rock. For the rest of the trail, we followed the North Fork King River. The river was relatively calm. 1.6 miles later, we finally reached the meadow, only to find that we couldn’t go into the meadow itself, but had to hike once again around the loop. Halfway through the loop, my grandparents dropped out, unable to continue through the easy trail. My dad also went back to make sure they did not get lost. Mom, my sister, and I continued the trek around the meadow. The meadow seemed very out of place with its reeds and water, as it looked like it belonged more to a wetland. The scenery was quite beautiful, but during our hike we encountered a big nuisance: mosquitoes. I ended up getting bit a total of 11 times, forcing me to spend the majority of the time slapping at my neck rather than looking up at the tall mighty cliffs and the surrounding area.

女儿说:
Today we went hiking. It’s supposed to be the easiest trail, but whoever rated it didn’t predict the suffering along the trail due to mosquito bites. I gained 2 mosquito bites, but 1 of them is really itchy.

To get to the scenic views, we had to cross over logs, tramp into puddles, cautiously balance on stepping stones (and fall off into a hungry creek), wade through underwater trails, climb over a rocky environment, stamp into quickmud, and swim through a sea of reeds. Yep, that’s one of the easiest trails. Oh, yeah, don’t forget the mosquitoes.

When we finally got back, we bought bug repellent and some sort of soothing lotion. Ah… finally I can stop being a collection of mosquito bites.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic