歌友会

当清风送来一抹草籽的芬芳,我蓦然忘了忧,欢天喜地起来。
正文

今日之两面针

(2008-07-02 00:42:18) 下一个

My life has two sides, one side is full of fun (Side A) and the other side is full of shit (Side B). I can only be on one side at a time, fortunately today I am on Side A and I hope I can stay here for as long as I could. This side is rather slippery but I forgot to bring my track shoes when I struggled on this morning.

Went out to have Thai lunch with a group of colleagues for APK's baby shower. It was nice. My legend was brought up on the lunch table once again by Fiona. When she was going to celebrate her 40th birthday a couple of years ago, she told me she was going to have some plastic surgery done as a birthday treat. Then of course I asked her if she was going to get a nose job. After that all her family and almost everyone in the Institute where we work for heard the story that I was suggesting her to get a nose job. See? I am famous. Apparently she was thinking about Botox when she mentioned the plastic surgery but I reminded her that her nose is a little too big for a small lady like her.

Then to make myself more famous I told them another story of mine. We had a colleague whose name is Sue. She is very slim and beautiful and of course very fit. One day when I met her in one of our staff meetings, I suddenly noticed that her belly was popping out quite a lot. I am usually quite dumb in terms of noticing people's change of figure shapes, therefore I was quite happy about myself that I did notice her pregnancy. I grabbed the first chance I could and asked her when the baby was due. What happened next? I would never ask anyone that question again.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (20)
评论
歌儿 回复 悄悄话 回复珊瑚礁的评论:
哈哈,实诚这词用的太对了。:)
珊瑚礁 回复 悄悄话 哈哈哈,是个实诚孩子,赞一个!

问人怀孕的事,我也经历过,嘿嘿嘿,不过,当然,是被人问的那个,#$#$$^&%#@#$@#
歌儿 回复 悄悄话 鄙视长发和暖暖的!:))

暖姜还是你好,知道安慰我,昨天Fiona在又一次复述这个典故的时候我都快窘死了。:)
暖暖的 回复 悄悄话 zt

问人怀孕,我也干过.....

不过,我都是忍到实在忍不住才问的,所以一问一个准. :)
warmginger 回复 悄悄话 I love the way you describe the two sides. I have exactly the same two sides, though possibly different things in it.

自嘲是成熟的表现:)

阿贝做梦很厉害。和我又一拼:)
南山松 回复 悄悄话 哈哈!
有意思.;)
歌儿 回复 悄悄话 我的糗事比较多,都晾出来以后大家就不敢来了,我还是适可而止吧。:)
agentsmith 回复 悄悄话 haha , it only means that you will show your B side when you speak English,讲中文的时候歌儿展现的是 A side :)
longhair 回复 悄悄话 问人怀孕,我也干过.....

不过,我都是忍到实在忍不住才问的,所以一问一个准. :)
punny 回复 悄悄话 问人怀孕,我也干过阿,汗!---- me too, 而且还问的是头的头,还好没给我穿小鞋,咔咔
我就是 回复 悄悄话 问人怀孕,我也干过阿,汗!
老锅饼 回复 悄悄话 牛屎阿!赞
太好了,要是你们这些文字功夫高的,都这样:一三五中文
二四六英文,就真的很棒,我想我的中英文水平就会有长足的进步,哈哈
歌儿 回复 悄悄话 回复阿贝的评论:
瞧你还卖关子,梦到什么了?去看看...
阿贝 回复 悄悄话 俺梦到你了,特逗。
歌儿 回复 悄悄话 我以前总说我说话容易得罪人,大家都不怎么相信,因为没听过我说话。呵呵。现在知道我是如何得罪人的了吧?
阿贝 回复 悄悄话 haha, funny:-)
mycereal 回复 悄悄话 哈哈,好玩。
小屁涵 回复 悄悄话 hahaaaaa. that's the reason I never ask people about pregnancy....
赫赫, 真够窘的.哈哈...
小屁涵 回复 悄悄话 SF
登录后才可评论.