个人资料
正文

Trip to Maui

(2007-04-20 07:22:41) 下一个
天逸\'s Maui post reminded me my own trip to Hawaii 6 years ago. So I dug out my photos from that trip.

1. Hana highay. In a lot sections on this high way, there is only one lane (in total, not each side), so that if there is a car coming from the other side, one of you must wait.

2. Painted bark trees on Hana highway.

3. A waterfall on Hana highway.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/466107266_142556182a_o.jpg

4. Another waterfall on Hana highway. There are tens of waterfalls on this highway.

5. Lush vegetations.

6. Waves.

7. Can you guess what this is? Answer at end of this post.

8. Haleakala volcano. It is 30 miles from base to the peak. While I was driving up to the peak of this volcanic mountain, I saw a car with two girls parked on the side of the road on the down slope looking not entirely at ease. So I stopped to asked them if they needed help. It turned out that they were from Germany, and having trouble with the car\'s brake. There were signs posted everywhere that you should use lower gear when driving down, not using the brakes. But with a rental automatic car, they just could not figure out how to put the car into lower gear when the car is automatic. Anyway, I told them how to do it and presumably they made it safely down (I did not see a car off the cliff when I drove down later).

9. A little dancer.

10. Firedance.

11. A park with just one tree.

12. A flower.

I took those photos with a 2.1 MP digital camera point and shoot camera.
At that time, I thought the image quality was quite good -- at least better than point and shoot film cameras: it has less vignetting. But comparing with today\'s cameras, you will immediately realize that digital photography improved by more than an order of magnitude in quality.

Answer for #7: This is a hole connecting to the sea. When a wave comes in, water is pushed into the hole, and gushes out from the hole, like a geyser.
[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (2)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.