正文

as good as it gets ( a must watch movie for men)

(2006-12-26 22:12:53) 下一个

This is a great comedy !
It's a story about a "bad" guy whose compassion and  affection of human being  gradually evoked by his actions to take care of others.

It's a story about how the life of an intelligent yet mentally disordered middle aged book writer Udall being changed by a dog, a gay artist neighbor and a waitress. He has this obssessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Some example, he wears gloves whenever he is out. When he walks on the street, he avoids any contact with any other passengers. When he was annoyed by his neighbor's dog, he put the dog into the garbage chute mercilessly. He only wants to be served by one waitress. He only uses one table in a restaurant. When a couple were using it, he made joke of them in order to get his table. He said to the man," how much more do you want to eat? your appetite isn't as big as your noses, is it?" For this, he is not welcomed by the restaurant manager. He is not liked by anybody but he doesn't care. He has his own way of life and he was able to write 62 books.

But his life was turned around when his neighbor Simon was attacked and hospitalized and he has to take care of the dog. He started to like the dog and he played piano for the dog and fed the dog with bacon. So, when the neighbor took back the dog, he was lost. Then, he went to the restaurant and found his favorite single motherh waitress Carol was not there. He refused to be served by other waitress and laughed at the waitress by calling her " elephant girl". Of course, he was swept out of the restaurant. He somehow found the address of Carol's home and knocked at the door. He required Carol to serve him breakfast  :) and of course his absurd request was rejected. Later he knew that Carol's son was sick. He sent his doctor to see the boy in order for Carol to work again. But Carol could not understand his intention and thought he had some other dirty purpose. Carol went to his apartment and told him that she would never sleep with him and he said that he only need a thank you note and hoped her back to work to serve him breakfast. Carol was so deeply touched and thought he was a good man. So, she wrote a 23 page thank you note. Simon's friend Frank wanted him to go back to his parents for money to pay the medical expenses. Simon was broke. Frank offered to let Udall use his convertible to drive Simon to Baltimore. Carol said that it's good idea to drive convertible. Udall agreed to drive Simon but asked Carol's accompany.
Then, some beautiful and funny things happened during the journey.
Go watch it !

Why did I say that it's a must watch movie for a man?
---- Even a very traditional good woman needs to hear compliment.
A compliment needs not to be some sweet or unrealistic words.
See how Udall said to Carol.
" you make me want to be a better man" :)
"I'm the only one on the face of the earth who realizes that you're
the greatest woman on earth. I'm the only one who appreciates how
amazing you are in every single thing you do -- in every single
thought you have... in how you say what you mean
and how you almost always mean something that's all about being
straight and good... "

"I think most people miss that about you and I watch wondering
how they can watch you bring them food and clear their dishes and
never get that they have just met the greatest woman alive... And
the fact that I get it makes me feel great... about me!"

can any woman reject such compliments?

When he said such words, he broke away from his past cautious life style and knew how to love.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (1)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.