回复:请教CANCUN

来源: mimi11 2006-11-17 13:30:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1868 bytes)
We just came back from Cancun. We stayed there for 5 nights in an all inclusive hotel. The beach was great and our daughter really enjoyed it. She is also two and half year ago.

Chichen Itza is the most popular Mayan ruin on the Yucatan peninsula. It is about 3 hour's drive from Cancun. I joined a tour group and it was a long day trip (7:30AM - 8PM). You need to walk a lot and it is not much fun for kids. It was really hot and humid when I was there. The weather (mainly the temperature) should be better in December.

If you have booked the trip online from Expedia or Funjet, you can find all the hotel information online. The hotel reviews were really helpful for us and provided us with lots of information.

Our friend recommended us to book the ground transportation from the airport to the hotel, so we booked the shuttle van online. It was definitely very helpful. Once you go through the custom in the airport, there is a whole crowd of people trying to get your business, selling you the tours, transportation, or something else. Decline them firmly if you do not need anything. Go all the way to the end of the exit, you will find the ground transportation and shuttle vans there.

We have brought some cash with us. We did not spend much because we booked everything online. We brought lots of one dollar bills for tips. Although it is an all inclusive hotel, people still expects tips for dinners and house keeping.

Do not exchange pesos in the airport. You can get better rate in the exchange offices or banks. Most all-inclusive hotels should provide money exchange service too. The rate in hotels is not as good as that of the banks, but much better than the airport.

We have used the bus in the hotel zone and downtown (R1 and R2). It is much cheaper than taxi.

Let me know if you have any questions.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you soooo much! -大宝妈妈- 给 大宝妈妈 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2006 postreply 21:00:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!