毛的崇拜者津津乐道毛在尼克松面前如何的威仪,尼克松是如何低三下四狼狈来京朝圣。当时,

来源: 2021-02-22 16:42:20 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

中国政府对人民也是如此营造居高临下的优越感。那么对照一下尼克松宣布访华的电视讲话:“There can be no stable peace and enduring peace without the participation of the People's Republic of China and its 750 million people. That is why I have undertaken initiatives in several areas to open the door for more normal relations between our two countries.” 这里提到的是7亿5千万中国人民,世界和平。一根毛影儿都不沾。

周恩来的晚会致辞,开篇就说代表毛主席如何如何。来看尼克松答谢词的开篇:“On behalf of all of your American guests I wish to thank you for the incomparable hospitality for which the Chinese people are justly famous throughout the world. And I particularly want to pay tribute not only to those who prepared the magnificent dinner but also to those who have provided the splendid music: Never have I heard American music played better in a foreign land.” 他首先感谢的是厨子还有伴奏的乐队。接下来是一段公认堪称范文的,平实而又动情的讲演(节录)。

We have at times in the past been enemies. We have great differences today. What brings us together is that we have common ‘interests which transcend those differences.. while we cannot close the gulf between us, we can try to bridge it so that we may be able to talk across it.

And so let us, in these next five days, start a long march together. Not in lockstep; but on different, roads leading to the same goal, the goal of building a world structure of peace and justice in which all may stand together with equal dignity.

The world watches, the world listens, the world waiting to see what we will do. What is the world? In a personal sense, I think of my eldest daughter, whose birthday is today. And as I think of her I think of all the children in the world, in Asia in Africa, in Europe, in the Americas, most of whom were born since the date of the foundation of the People's Republic of China.

What legacy shall we leave our children? Are they destined to die for the hatreds, which have plagued the old world? Or are they destined to live because we had the vision to build a new world?

尼克松历史功过另说,不要因人废言。也许有人会说他虚伪装的,当中方该有点理想主义情怀的时候,装都装不出来。