病毒或细菌感染,什么时侯用抗生素?

来源: kathyzh 2016-06-21 06:52:10 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1301 bytes)

My daughter has fever since last Saturday. On Monday I took her to see the doctor and was told it was virus infection. On Tuesday, took her to the summer skating camp, after she got home, her condition got much worse. Started to cough badly and had102F temperature. Since then, I kept her at home for the rest of the week. On Friday morning, I took her to see the doctor again (this time met different doctor in the same clinic), her temperature was measured at 100.1F. He prescribed the antibiotic medicine based on her fever lasting 7 days. I just wonder how a doctor can determine if the infection is caused by virus or bacteria. If it is a really virus infection, then antibiotic medicine is useless. He didn’t do any mucus culture. Anyway, on Friday afternoon, I gave my daughter the first dose of the antibiotics, she has no more fever in the next day. Wonder if her own body immune system made the fever gone or the medication? Usually it takes 3 – 5 days for fever gone, but this time it took her a little bit longer time to recover. By now, I am still not sure if the medication is really necessary for her case or not. Since she started the medication, now I have to let her finish all the medication (total 5 days although she felt better right after the first dose).

所有跟帖: 

发烧第二天送Camp有点过早,抵抗力还不够 -Tree100- 给 Tree100 发送悄悄话 (707 bytes) () 06/21/2016 postreply 07:28:49

很后悔送她去camp。 她爹不愿请假,我又要开会那天。双职工不容易啊! -kathyzh- 给 kathyzh 发送悄悄话 kathyzh 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2016 postreply 09:36:20

Viral infection can sometimes turn into baterial infection too. -米娃- 给 米娃 发送悄悄话 (449 bytes) () 06/21/2016 postreply 10:56:59

医生一般建议抗生素一旦开始吃就吃完一个疗程 -julie116- 给 julie116 发送悄悄话 julie116 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2016 postreply 11:44:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”