Desperate for advice--sleeping issue

来源: Piranha 2014-06-23 08:02:13 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2347 bytes)
My baby boy just turned 5 monthes.   His sleeping condition at this age worsened to even worse than his newborn time.  When he was a new born, at night, he woke up every 3 hours to eat.  However now, he woke up once at 12-1, once at 3 and then 5 again and his morning starts.  Every time he's hungry and if I do not feed him he cries at the top of his lung.  The difference is though that in his newborn time, he does not fall back to sleep after eating right away but now he does.  

Here is some background informaiton--He is generally healthy, with weight and height both in the 70+ percentile.  His only problem is consterpation.  A month ago he did not poop for 12 days and doctor priscribed Lactulose (stool softener).  He has been on it for about 20 days and he improved but still there are 1-3 day stint that he does not poop while there are days that he poops twice a day.  His schedule during the day is fairly set with some fexibility.  

Last week, because this frequent wakening-at-night problem, plus I read again the "sleeping" chapter in Bably 411, I decided to let him cry out to sleep.  I started last Tuesday, for the morning nap from 9-10, he cried 40 minutes.  Very hysterical cry.  I patted him every 10 minutes but at the end of 40 minutes there was no sign for him to get tired, I pat him to sleep.  For the noon nap, it's pretty much the same situation.  But at night, we bathed him at 7, fed him at 7:30 and put him to bed at 8.  He only cired to 10 minutes, without any patting, and he fell asleep.  This is the best night ever!  For he slept to 4:30 straight.  And after I feed him at 4:30, he fall back to sleep until 8 in the morning.

But, even though I did exactly the same for the following days, he went right back to the "once at 12-1, once at 3 and 5 again" old ways.  Last night, I tried to gave him water at 1.  It did not work at all.  He cried after I put him back to his crib so I had to pat him then try more water, more pading until I figured that I just had to give him real stuff.  This happend the same way at 3am.  

I welcome any suggestions.  Help!!!

所有跟帖: 

哈,我们家的早些日子也是这么折磨我们的,什么法子都用过了,没用。 -熊猫媳妇- 给 熊猫媳妇 发送悄悄话 熊猫媳妇 的博客首页 (1106 bytes) () 06/23/2014 postreply 09:21:49

才5个月啊,正常吧,记得我们那时也是晚上醒2,3次的,不似有的宝宝很小就可以连睡6小时 -小兔乖不乖- 给 小兔乖不乖 发送悄悄话 (26 bytes) () 06/23/2014 postreply 10:03:19

Thanks -熊猫媳妇- and -小兔乖不乖-! -Piranha- 给 Piranha 发送悄悄话 Piranha 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/23/2014 postreply 12:12:39

夜里试试奶嘴,我女儿两个月12点后我就只给奶嘴,再也没喂过,你家的这么大,夜里只是习惯 -mewu- 给 mewu 发送悄悄话 mewu 的博客首页 (342 bytes) () 06/23/2014 postreply 13:47:25

He is really hungry. Never let him cry at night. I just don't -Piranha- 给 Piranha 发送悄悄话 Piranha 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2014 postreply 09:45:08

才五个月啊,别cry out了。 -江南茶花- 给 江南茶花 发送悄悄话 江南茶花 的博客首页 (1026 bytes) () 06/23/2014 postreply 18:25:29

Really every kid is different. Got your point. -Piranha- 给 Piranha 发送悄悄话 Piranha 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2014 postreply 09:40:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”