'I Don't Get It'

来源: 冰溪 2012-05-18 17:25:14 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2629 bytes)

My sister and her boyfriend broke up about three four weeks ago. We have been talking to each other almost every day since then. So whenever I was on the phone for a long time sometimes for hours speaking Chinese, Olivia and Evan would know I was talking to their aunt.

I talked to my sister for quite a while before we headed out for the Mother's Day dinner last weekend.

I was telling Daddy what we talked about when Evan asked: "Mom, is she still sad from the break up?"

"Yes." I said.

"But it has been a long time. Why is she still so sad?" Evan didn't understand.

"Well," Daddy said," You don't know yet. Love can be painful sometimes."

"How can love be painful? I don't get it." Evan was totally surprised.

"Well, it is hard to explain." I said, "You will understand one day after you grow up. Hopefully you never have to understand."

"What? You want Evan to be single all his life and die alone?" Olivia misunderstood my last comment.

"No! I mean I hope he will find the girl he loves and the girl loves him back and they will live happily ever after." I explained with a tone of exaggeration at the end like you would hear from a movie or radio.

"Oh, that's what you meant." Olivia acknowledged.

"I still don't get it." Evan gave up and started to play his video game again. J

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 'I Don't Get It'
  • What is the Most Dangerous Animal?
  • Olivia's Interaction with Her Idol
  • 'Let Me Tell You a Strategy' the 9-Year Old Told the 18-Year Old
  • Hosting a High School Student from Japan
  • 所有跟帖: 

Haha.. It is not any easier than explaining where babies are com -快乐就好运- 给 快乐就好运 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2012 postreply 22:39:30

Very cute! :) -WonderMom- 给 WonderMom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/19/2012 postreply 00:09:00

Yeah, kids asking hard questions:/). How old are they? -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/19/2012 postreply 09:32:35

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”