来源: 863211 2023-11-14 18:39:53 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5401 bytes)
回答: 再次询问8老师关于follow to join小羊和小蛇2023-11-14 15:04:38

下面是上次帮朋友发帖问的,然后我朋友就发信去问NVC,结果NVC直接回复说他们帮不了我朋友,让联系USCIS。现在应该怎么办?如果继续联系NVC应该怎么解释呢?多谢。

-Based on USCIS, your friend needs to contact NVC as I suggested. See the following at this USCIS website:

Bringing Children, Sons and Daughters to Live in the United States as Permanent Residents | USCIS

If you received the immigrant visa overseas, you may contact the National Visa Center (NVC) for follow-to-join information. Direct such inquiry by sending an e-mail to NVCInquiry@state.gov or by writing to the National Visa Center, ATTN: WC, 32 Rochester Ave., Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909.

It seems some rules may have been changed. USCIS will not be helpful for the following to join because your friend got the immigrant visa in China. Thus, your friend cannot file I-824 to USCIS (this is new rule).

Your friend may contact the US Consulate in Guangzhou and notify the Consulate that she got the immigrant visa in the US Consulate and then, has used the immigrant visa to enter US to become a green card holder (Lawful permanent resident). Now her spouse wants to apply for the immigrant visa by following to join. Then, ask the US Consulate what the procedure is.

Here is the link about the US Consulate contact information:

Immigrant Visa Unit - Question - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in China (usembassy-china.org.cn)

She needs to prepare the following documents in case the US Consulate ask for them later:

(i)     Copy of the original petition (i.e., the I-140);

(ii)    Copy of the principal applicant’s IV application (i.e., DS 260);

(iii)    Copies of civil documents for the derivative beneficiary (e.g., her spouse's birth certificate, their marriage certificate, etc.);

(IV) Copy of your friend's green card (both front and back sides) and her passport including the endorsed immigrant visa page (i.e., the immigrant visa stamped by the immigrant officer at the port of entry when she entered US).

所有跟帖: 

Procedurally you are absolutely correct. But practically... -akc- 给 akc 发送悄悄话 (221 bytes) () 11/14/2023 postreply 20:05:01

多谢上面二位 -小羊和小蛇- 给 小羊和小蛇 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/15/2023 postreply 09:13:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”