来源: 863211 2021-10-23 08:18:05 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3455 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 863211 ] 在 2021-10-23 09:05:24 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

The airlines do not understand the US immigration law well. Print the following out at this link, and show it to the Airlines and ask them to check this link to verify it if you have the same trouble in the future:

About Visas - The Basics (state.gov)

Visa Validity

My old passport has already expired. My visa to travel to the United States is still valid but in my expired passport. Do I need to apply for a new visa with my new passport?

No. If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country. When you arrive at the U.S. port-of-entry (POE, generally an airport or land border) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport). Do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid.

所有跟帖: 

非常感谢,最终航空公司那里办成了,但由于耽误太多时间,只好改航班。再次感谢。 -tidytiger- 给 tidytiger 发送悄悄话 tidytiger 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/23/2021 postreply 17:29:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!