来源: 863211 2021-05-02 21:13:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6460 bytes)
回答: 8老师好,请教我先生的绿卡去年喜菜2021-05-02 20:36:11

我先生持有绿卡,但在中囯工作。由于疫情,去年几次定好的回美机票都被取消,眼睁睁看着绿卡过期(2020年9月份过期),现人还在中国,有什么办法回美吗?我及女儿都在美国公民身份。谢谢!

-How long has he stayed in China? If his stay in China is more than one year continuously, then his green card is void. Thus, he will be trouble to return to US. Probably he needs to abandon the green card, then apply for B2 visa to come back.

If his stay in China is less than one year continuously, then read the following I cited from:

Expired Green Card Creates 5 Big Problems | CitizenPath

Reentering the U.S. with an Expired Card

Traveling outside the United States with an expired green card can be even more risky. For starters, some airlines won’t board a passenger with a green card that has expired. U.S. law requires airlines to check for proof of permanent residence before boarding. You may also be required to have a valid passport.

To re-enter the United States, the Customs & Border Protection (CBP) officer will require valid proof of your lawful permanent resident status. An expired green card is not considered valid proof of permanent resident status, and you should expect a major delay. In the worst cases, this could result in being refused entry. In most cases, it means a long delay and an expensive reentry fee. Your permission to re-enter the U.S. is at the discretion of the CBP officer. Don’t take any chances.

If Your Green Card Expires Inside the U.S.

If your green card has expired prior to traveling abroad, there is a solution for getting fast temporary proof of permanent resident status. Start by filing the green card renewal application (Form I-90) as soon as possible. If your card expired less than one year ago or will expire soon, USCIS will mail you a receipt letter that extends the validity of your green card. This letter is officially known as Form I-797C Notice of Action and arrives within the first few weeks of the I-90 processing time line. Use the letter in combination with the expired green card. Together, they are valid proof of your permanent residence for an additional year while USCIS processes your new green card.

If Your Green Card Expires Outside the U.S.

In some cases you may have made all the proper arrangements but find that you don’t have a valid green card for re-entry. Each year, hundreds of travelers have their green cards lost, stolen, damaged or simply realize that it has expired. If your transportation carrier does not allow you to board with an expired green card, you will need to prepare Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation), and submit it in person at the nearest U.S. consular office to request a boarding foil. This process generally takes about 7 to 14 days. Upon returning to the U.S., you will still be required to renew your expired card by using Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.

所有跟帖: 

非常感谢!!! -喜菜- 给 喜菜 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/03/2021 postreply 05:44:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”