请教8老师:NVC requests add'l document for my mom's green card applic

来源: GoldenSunshine 2015-08-17 23:15:27 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2180 bytes)

8 老师:
First I would like to thank you again for your advise and help regarding my mom's green card application! After submitting all documents in June, I just received a letter from NVC and they requested one additional document: my dad's death certificate.

The following is the instruction:
"6- Marriage Termination_______________
Applicants who have been previously married must obtain evidence of the termination of EACH prior marriage. Evidence must be in the form of phtocopies of the original documents issued by a competent authority, or copies of the certified documents bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority, such as:
- If the marriage ends by divorce, the divorce decree that is submitted must be a FINAL divorce decree
- Death certificate
- Annulment papers"

Also I checked NVC.state.gov about the country-specific criteria for the guideline for the requested document. It says:
"Death/Burial
Available in the form of notarial marriage certificates (Jie Hun Gong Zheng [or Zheng Wing] Shu) or death certificates which are generally reliable." 

We don't have my dad's death certificate because we submitted to the organization when buried my dad. We only have my dad's 墓位证. It is small booklet (盖有民政局的章)。It has my dad's name, date of birth, date of death and date of burial, as well as the name of family members.

Can you please let me kow if 墓位证 can be used as death certificate? Does 墓位证 meets the requirement of the requested document?  Also the 墓位证 is in Chinese, should we notarized it so that it will have English translation? I really hope we provide a right document so my mom's interview will be schedule soon (she is in China now).
Appreciate your advice and help!

所有跟帖: 

Reply -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (3021 bytes) () 08/18/2015 postreply 06:22:36

Thanks a lot for your reply! One more question: -GoldenSunshine- 给 GoldenSunshine 发送悄悄话 GoldenSunshine 的博客首页 (1376 bytes) () 08/18/2015 postreply 10:13:00

Reply -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (1771 bytes) () 08/18/2015 postreply 10:29:09

appreciate your kind help and and professional advice! -GoldenSunshine- 给 GoldenSunshine 发送悄悄话 GoldenSunshine 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/18/2015 postreply 11:21:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”