回复:紧急求助:继续请教python2012. 谢谢!

来源: python2012 2014-02-22 16:02:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1611 bytes)
回答: 紧急求助:继续请教python2012. 谢谢!xmjiang2014-02-22 06:36:03

Comparing to getting B1 orB1+B2, would you think it is easier or better that I just depart the US and surrender my I-94 before the termination of current employment on 2/28, and then come back to the US without a visa? As a Canadian, I don’t need a visa to enter into the US and I can stay for a short period of time legally, say a month or two.
My situation is that the new company only verbally accepted me. They have won a project, awaiting client’s Notice to Proceed. The common practice in my business is that they usually execute the actual hiring a few days before the NTP. I hope that the NTP will occur within a month.
Any advantage or disadvantage for entering the US without a visa, instead of getting a B1 or B2?

首先弄清楚身份(STATUS)和签证(VISA)的区别. 身份(STATUS)是移民法专用词,是CBP和移民局贴在住在美国的外国人身上的身份标签,表现形式为I-94上的STATUS,和护照上的入境图章上的STATUS. 签证(VISA)是美国住外使领馆给即将赴美国的外国人的进入美国的通行证,只在入境时使用. 加拿大人入境时免签证,但入境以后不能没有合法身份.

有合法身份以后还要有就业许可才能工作. B1身份可以用于找工作时的面试,但不能直接工作. 合法工作要有许可,比如说H-1B 的I-797(只能在移民局办理).TN 身份节省了就业许可这一步,直接在CBP办理TN身份入境登记手序.

回加拿大有利于保证无GAP.但不利于找美国工作.如果受雇新公司机率很高,回加拿大是极好的选项.

如果受雇新公司机率很低,以B1身份(或者家属身份: H4,TD,L2,F2)留在美国便于继续找工作.

关键是要有一个公司聘请你.有人愿意聘请,身份问题水到渠成自然解决.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”