回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:H1B 6年后file extension

来源: 863211 2011-08-08 07:10:56 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2412 bytes)

如果我在美国递交了H1B转成H4的申请,并且申请的H4的起始日期是今天,

-You can not put "H4的起始日期是今天" in the I-539 (the I-539 has no this item) because the H4的起始日期是 the H4 approval 日期.

有一点可以肯定的是,从今天起我就不能工作了,但我的身份还是H1B身份,所以不能stop the clock of my H1-B?是这个原因吗?

-The H4 has to be approved to stop the H1 status. In other words, before the H4 application is approved, your status is still H1 until the H1 expires.

我现在怀孕,还有两个月就due了,所以回国做这么长的飞机风险太大. 863211 还有没有其它的选择,即使成功率底一些?刚批下来的PERM高兴劲没了,只有焦急的等待,和寻找可能的solution.

-Ask your Dr. whether you can travel to Canada to get the H4 visa. If no, ask your emplolyer to prepare the H1 filing paperwork now as I suggested in my above reply such as get the prevail wage determination online in one monute and then, file the LCA applicat1on online (which may take one week to 10 days to be approved). At the same time, ask your laywer to file the I-140 immediately and use premium processing to get it approved in 15 days. Also file Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance together with the I-140.  

Then, if your lawyer/employer get the email I-140 approval notice, immediately file the H1 extension application. Don't wait for the paper I-140 approval notice because it may take several weeks.

If you are lucky and everything goes well, you may file the H1 extension in time. So, discuss it with your lawyer and employer carefully to do the paper work for H1 extension filing  and the I-140 filing. Good luck!

Another possibility:

have you been to China during your 6 year H1 duration? If yes, you can carefully calculate the total days you spent in China and use these days to add to your 6 year H1 duration. For example, you visited China 3 times during the 6 year H1 period, and spent total 40 days in China in the 6 visits, then your 6 year H1 limit still have 40 days after your current 6 year H1 expires.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”