回复:Tearch 8, Pijiang, and all experts, emergency question regard

来源: 863211 2011-05-27 07:40:38 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1870 bytes)

My current H1B (from a university) will be expired on August 1st. Now I got a job offer from a local industrial company, which is willing to sponsor a new H1B. The immigration lawyer of the company told me that, as long as the company file the application for me, I should be able to work for the company immediately and legally.

-The lawyer is partially right, but you need to stop working on August 1 or on the date your H1 transfer is approved (whichever is earlier) if the H1 transfer is approved before Oct. 1 because your I-94 will expire on August 1 and your new H1 is cap-limited. Then, your can continue to work on Oct. 1 if your H1 transfer is approved on/before that day. Another thing is that if your H1 transfer is approved between August 2 and September 22, you have to leave US because you are out of status and have no valid I-94. Then, you can get the H1 visa to come back only after September 22, in advance up to 10 days before your new cap-limited H1 is effective. So, you may not want to work for the new company until Oct.1 and file the H1 transfer just one week to 10 days so that you can legally stay in US during the H1 pending which may cover the gap between August 2 and September 22. There are still lot of H1 quotes available due to bad economy, so you do not need to worry about the H1 quote.

However, that sounds confusing to me because the H1B of industry has a cap of 65,000/year. If the quota of year 2011 is totally used out, then I can only start to work on October 1, 2011 legally, which is the starting date of H1B of 2012. Am I right? In addition, if the lawyer is right, then after I submit the H1B application, what is the my exact visa status between August 1 and October 1? Is it stilled counted as H1?

所有跟帖: 

A lot of thanks to teacher 8. 回复:回复:Tearch 8, Pijiang, and all e -soccerfan2006- 给 soccerfan2006 发送悄悄话 (52 bytes) () 05/27/2011 postreply 08:41:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”