敬请高手给以权威详细的解答:H1B在485 pending期间,

来源: Inflorida 2007-03-28 13:36:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2482 bytes)
凭AP回美,其 legal status 会有什么变化?是仍为H1B, 还是lose H1B status 而变成 485 pending status,而后可通过extention 或transfer恢复 H1B status ? 问题是,既然H1B已经lose,何来后面的extention/transfer?

对此,张哲瑞律师事务所的网上有矛盾的说法如下:

Q: I originally was in H-1B status, but I just recently filed for adjustment of status. I also received an Advance Parole when I filed for my adjustment. If I leave the country, will I lose my H-1B status?
A: Not necessarily. However, if you enter the U.S. with your Advance Parole document, you will lose your H-1B status.

Q: I am an H-1B holder, and filed an I-485. After my trip abroad, I used my Advance Parole return to the U.S. I wonder what my current status is.
A: You can continuously work for your current H-1B without using EAD. If so, you are in your H-1B status, and your employer may apply for extension of your H-1B if it is necessary.

The alien is entitled to apply for Advanced Parole as a benefit associated with an adjustment of status application. Once approved, the Advanced Parole allows the alien to travel abroad and reenter the U.S. After being paroled in, the alien can still keep working for his/her H-1 or L-1 sponsoring employer without the need to getting an EAD. The alien is considered as in “parolee status” or “I-485 pending status.” However, he/she can still apply for an extension of H-1 or L-1 status, provided that after the alien came back to the US with Advanced Parole, he/she resumed employment with the same employer for whom he/she had previously been authorized to work for as an H-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant. In this scenario, the approval of that extension would change the alien’s status from parolee or I-485 pending to the H-1 or L-1 status. However, if immediately after being paroled in, the alien changes employer, he/she may no longer have valid H-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant status, even though he/she can still lawfully stay in the U.S. during the I-485 pending period. Thus, if the alien's I-485 application is denied, he/she may not be able to lawfully stay in the U.S. as a nonimmigrant.

On the other hand, an H-1 or L-1 holder who travels out of the United States and returns on advance parole is authorized to continue working for the petitioning H-1 or L-1 employer. He/she would not be required to obtain an EAD to work for this same employer, within the validity dates of the H-1 or L-1 petition approval.

谢谢!

所有跟帖: 

在张哲瑞的网上又发现这么个Q-A, 还是没有说清楚 -InFlorida- 给 InFlorida 发送悄悄话 (657 bytes) () 03/28/2007 postreply 14:04:29

Why care? as long as your H1b is still valid, you can still -afewgoodman- 给 afewgoodman 发送悄悄话 (22 bytes) () 03/28/2007 postreply 14:21:39

回复:敬请高手给以权威详细的解答:H1B在485 pending期间, -radiology- 给 radiology 发送悄悄话 radiology 的博客首页 (353 bytes) () 03/28/2007 postreply 14:26:09

回复:AOS 和H1状态区别 -radiology- 给 radiology 发送悄悄话 radiology 的博客首页 (308 bytes) () 03/28/2007 postreply 14:39:06

Thanks a lot! 还有问题,请指教:在AOS/H1B双态下, -Inflorida- 给 Inflorida 发送悄悄话 (94 bytes) () 03/28/2007 postreply 18:28:16

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!