I got my passport stamped in the interview

来源: daxia 2007-03-16 11:59:46 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1450 bytes)
I got my passport stamped in the interview

The welcome letter and green card were received 7 weeks later in the same envelope.

There was no online message change because it was approved at local office. Note that there was no LUD either after my only one time fingerprint was taken.

I used the stamped passport to travel Canada without any problem before receiving the plastic one. But I was questioned at US border because the stamped temporary I-551 was noted to be valid for only 60 days which is normally 1 year. Canada border didn't ask any questions and just let me pass easily.

In the end of the interview, the immigration officer asked whether I had any travel plans. I said I want to go to Canada in two weeks if my case is approved. She then joked "how if I don't approve your case today?" with reaching her hand to me asking for my passport. She then went out to talk to her supervisor for about 2 minutes then came back and stamped my passport.

When stamping the passport, she discussed whether 60 days is enough. If 60 days is not enough, she can give longer up to 1 year as I want. She explained that that's just for temporary purpose before the phsycial green card is received which normally takes 4-6 weeks if ordered from a local office. Because it's holiday season (Thanksgiving and Xmas are approaching), more delays may be expected etc.

I have to say she is very nice and friendly!

所有跟帖: 

Which local office? Thanks! -elmo2006- 给 elmo2006 发送悄悄话 (91 bytes) () 03/16/2007 postreply 12:03:29

Seattle, WA -daxia- 给 daxia 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/16/2007 postreply 12:07:59

Thank you very much! -elmo2006- 给 elmo2006 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/16/2007 postreply 12:11:36

回复:I got my passport stamped in the interview -qgc- 给 qgc 发送悄悄话 (90 bytes) () 03/16/2007 postreply 13:36:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”