My Eb-1a

来源: conway 2007-02-25 14:03:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2698 bytes)
My Eb-1a:

- TSC

- 140 received on Sept. 7, 2005, approved on Sept 14, 2005.

- 485 received on Sept. 30, 2005, approved on July 11, 2006.

- Prepared by a lawyer.

- The following were claimed in the petition letter:

1. Dr. Conway is an alien of extraordinary ability on the basis of the following facts:
a. he has made original scientific contributions of major significance to his field of endeavor;
b. he has authored scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals in his field;
c. he has served as a judge evaluating the work of others in his field or allied fields;
d. he has received nationally recognized awards for excellence in his field of endeavor; AND
2. that his stay in the United States will substantially benefit the United States in the future.

In the first draft of the letter, my lawyer also included membership. But I asked him to remove it becuase I did not have solid evidence to support it.

- Evidence for item a: Five references, two from my postdoc advisors, one from a department Chair, one from a colleague in Spain, and one from a colleague in my department; 30 publications: a few first and last pages of all papers were copied; 69 citations: a few first and last pages of all papers cited my papers were copied and my name in these paper were highlighted.

- Evidence for item b: Titles of all journals publishing my papers were listed in the letter, sole author or first author of 28 articles were emphasied, and the rankings of these journals from web of sicence were included: According to the ISI web of Knowledge Journal Citation Reports, in terms of the impact factor, Physical Review E ranked 2nd among 34 journals in the subject categories PHYSICS, MATHEMATICAL; Physica D ranked 4th among 162 journals in subject categories MATHEMATICS, APPLIED; IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control ranked 5th among 46 journals in subject categories AUTOMATION & CONTROL SYSTEMS; and SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization ranked 10th among 46 journals in the subject categories AUTOMATION & CONTROL SYSTEMS; documents for these rankings from web of science were included and rankings in these documemts were highlighted.

- Evidence for item c: About 20 invitation letters (copies) of reviewing papers were included.

- Evidence for item d: all Awards were just fellowships and scholarships. I do not think the immigration officer accepted these awards.

I am pretty sure that the approval of my case was based on items a, b, c. The evidence for these items were solid. So approved in one week and no RFE was requried.

Hope this will be helpful to you.

Good luck

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for sharing! Did you use premium processing PP? -Iguessguess- 给 Iguessguess 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2007 postreply 15:51:48

Thanks -hengheng1- 给 hengheng1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/06/2007 postreply 20:40:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”