Just read this

来源: NSC 2005-10-04 21:48:30 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1818 bytes)
回答: 回复:An urgent question to sdfsdfsdNSC2005-10-04 21:19:48
I can not type Chinese, but you can have some one make it clear to you. From this, you can get a clue.

Accompanying or Following-To-Join Derivative Children Beneficiary of Preference Family Categories or Employment-Based Categories or Immigration Lottery Category:
Currently, if a unmarried child of 20 years or younger applies a green card as a dependant child of a parent who applies for green card through preference family petition or employment-based petition or immigration lottery registration, the child should complete the green card before he/she reaches 21 years of age. Otherwise, the child is unable to apply for the green card as a dependant.

Under the new law, the cutoff date is determined by the date when the parent's priority date becomes available in the Visa Bulletin. Accordingly, such child will be able to obtain a green card as an accompanying beneficiary or a following-to-join beneficiary even after he/she reaches 21 years of age inasmuch as he/she applies for a green card within 1 year from the date when the priority date becomes available in the Visa Bulltin. In counting the child's age, the number of days spent for the parent's petition approval is taken out.

For instance, if the I-130 petition for the parent (in family-based immigrant petition) or the I-140 petition for the parent (in family-based immigrant petiton) took one year and at the time the visa number(priority date) becomes available for the parent, the child has already reached 21 years of age, the child is still considered "child" for the purpose of eligibility for immigration benefit as a derivative dependent child beneficiary and such child can apply for either I-485 adjustment of status or immigrant vis even if the child is older than 21 years of age.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Just read this -Ema- 给 Ema 发送悄悄话 (698 bytes) () 10/04/2005 postreply 22:18:17

回复:回复:Just read this -sdfsdfsdff- 给 sdfsdfsdff 发送悄悄话 (649 bytes) () 10/05/2005 postreply 11:17:24

回复:回复:回复:Just read this -Ema- 给 Ema 发送悄悄话 (187 bytes) () 10/05/2005 postreply 12:54:02

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”