medical mistakes

来源: 2024-01-03 12:50:21 [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

"medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., killing over 250,000 Americans annually.  In fact, I was the victim of a couple of serious medical mistakes that almost killed me."

看到这个,我吓死了。以后尽量少看医生,少做手术。

"About 17 or 18 years ago I had a grand mal seizure in a coffee shop in New Orleans. When I woke up in the hospital, the doctors told me I had terminal brain cancer and less than 30 days to live. They showed me an MRI of a large tumorous mass in my brain. I called my oldest son up to the hospital room to tell him that Pop was leaving soon. My mother and sister flew in and we started to make arrangements. Then, about a week later, the doctors said they ran some new tests and gave me antibiotics, and the mass in my brain shrunk. They concluded that I only had a serious brain infection caused by bacteria in the water (I had been living in a log cabin north of New Orleans that used well water). Many people might have sued the doctors for the stress of a terminal diagnosis, but I was overjoyed to have a second chance. I am more grateful for each day than I ever was. I try to make the best use of my time."