回复:8老师,我找了一下相关规定,请看进来

来源: 863211 2014-05-14 15:53:30 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2185 bytes)

看过以后我有两个问题:

1. 我的H1B 2014 年9 月30 日到期,是不是说最早2015 年10月1日才能申请H1B (假设到时还有名额)? 看目前的状况,2015 年10月1日多半名额已经用光,因此最早的可能是2016年4月, 而且到时拿到H1B 的话, 2016 年10月1 日是最早能开始工作的日子?

- From the clause "(B) When an alien in an H classification has spent the maximum allowable period of stay in the United States, a new petition under sections 101(a)(15)(H) or (L) of the Act may not be approved unless that alien has resided and been physically present outside the United States,....", my understanding is that when the H1B application reaches USCIS, your employer  also has to submit the  proof of your 1-Year stay outside US along with H1 application in order to get fresh 6 Year H1. If your employer files a new H-1 petition before you spend 1 Year outside US, the new 6-year H-1 petition may not be approved.

I also find the following from a lawyer's website, which is consistent with my understanding:
http://www.askwang.com/H-1B/H1B_law.php

2. Readmission under H-1b classification following maximum period of employment

Following employment under H-1b classification for the maximum 6-year time period, alien beneficiary must remain outside the US for at least one year to re-qualify as beneficiary of a new H-1b petition.  A US employer may not file a new petition on behalf of the beneficiary until this one year requirement has been completed.

2. ”for business or pleasure“ 具体怎么解释- 是说要用B1/B2 visa 吗? 用H4 visa 可行吗?
-Had better use B1/B2 visa. After you spend one year in China, you can apply for H-4 visa to enter US if the H-1 quote is not available;

所有跟帖: 

多谢您的帮助! -slcnana- 给 slcnana 发送悄悄话 (26 bytes) () 05/15/2014 postreply 09:11:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”