H1B 重新进入美国的问题

来源: rangrang 2011-07-08 14:24:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4152 bytes)

我从美国驻加拿大使馆的网站上了解到,外国人如果签证失效,不可以在加拿大过墨西哥申请重新进入美国的签证,是不是?

Individuals who have been out of status in the United States because they violated the terms of their visa or overstayed the validity indicated on their I-94 should not seek to apply in Canada or Mexico and should return to their home country to apply. In other words, if the traveler has remained in the United States longer than the period authorized by the immigration officer when the traveler entered the United States in any visa category, the traveler must apply in the country of the traveler's nationality or legal permanent residence.

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_tcn_present_united_states 

我现在的情况是这样的

移民局已经批准了和H-1B petition.但是没有I-94 卡。而且他们把批件送到Houston 的中国领馆 (employer 的错,他们填错了,事实上应该送往北京的美国驻华使馆,而非Houston 的中国驻美使馆)。

如果我不能去加拿大申请进入美国,只好返回中国申请重新进入美国,那么,我需要他们将批件送往北京,我需要重新file I-824 吗?

我可不可以让我的employer 重新file I-129, 并附上我现在的批件,从而得到新的批件with I-94 card?

我的情况如下 (以下是一个月前的帖子)。

我是大学教师,工作三年后被解聘。按照惯例,我可以继续工作一年。我的雇佣期到五月中旬停止。

今年二月,我的H-1B第一个三年有效期到了。雇主同意给我延续H-1B 直到五月中旬。当初,我曾要求学校的律师给我将H-1B延期到八月中旬,律师同意了。但后来院长建议校方律师将我的H-1B 延期到五月中旬,而不是八月中旬,我想自己回很快找到工作后让新雇主开始新的H-1B。所以也没有在意。

我三月底得到offer, 四月中旬月新雇主校方人事部门敲定五月底开始我的H-1B延期。

其实我可以让新雇主再四月底或者五月初开始我的H-1B 延期申请。但我这个人害羞,不想得到job offer 就猴急猴急地让新雇主做这做那。所以,我天真地以为五月底开始延期申请没有问题。而且,五月初,我给移民局写了个memo, 通知他们我的第一个H-1B (expire after May 15) 和我的第二个H-1B (新雇主代我申请)之间 会有15天的空档期。

麻烦大了。现在我才意识到五月十五日以后,我已经 out of status,任何申请在那个日期之后都会被拒绝受理的。

我五月底办完LCA, 新雇主人事部门6月6日递交了H-1B petition (I-129).我也交了1225 刀的 加急费。

今天受到移民局的通知。他们严重置疑我的申请。我不知道该怎么办。大家帮帮我吧。

It appears the beneficiary's H-1B nonimmigrant status expired May 15, 2011, the current petition was filed June 6, 2011, 21 days subsequent to the expiration of the beneficiary's H1B status.

USCIS recognized the petitioner submitted a copy of a memo from the beneficiary addressing this issue, dated May 4, 2011.

the start date of the LCA is 11 days subsequent to the expiration data (May 15, 2011).

therefore, the evidence is insufficient to ascertain that the beneficiary was in a valid nonimmigrant status at the time the present petition was files. As such, provide the following evidence to establish that the beneficiary was in a valid nonimmigrant status at the time of filing the current petition.

If the beneficiary is not currently in a nonimmigrant status the request for an extension of stay/change of nonimmigrant status will be denied and the petition (if approved) will be forwarded abroad. Therefore, identify a United States consulate or embassy abroad for visa notification and submit a duplicate set of all documentation previously submitted.

最后一段话什么意思。我的新雇主的 petition 会被拒绝吗? 我必须回中国重新申请H-1B 签证吗。如果新雇主的 petition 被批准,我不用回中国重新申请H-1B 吗? 有多大可能我的新雇主的petition 会被拒绝。

我当初完全可以在 legal status expire 之前让我的新雇主启动H-1B extension 的,但我太温良恭谦让了 。现在给自己惹出大麻烦。

大家给我出出主意。跪谢了。

所有跟帖: 

真没想到15天的gap竟然会出现这样的情况 -AudreyFuSheng- 给 AudreyFuSheng 发送悄悄话 AudreyFuSheng 的博客首页 (316 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 15:49:57

我想问一下楼主第二个h1b所付的I-94卡上的valid to date是什么时候 -AudreyFuSheng- 给 AudreyFuSheng 发送悄悄话 AudreyFuSheng 的博客首页 (20 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 15:55:30

看明白了,你这个case一定得回国一趟了。 -AudreyFuSheng- 给 AudreyFuSheng 发送悄悄话 AudreyFuSheng 的博客首页 (75 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 16:24:17

不过从这封信来看,你也不一定就要回中国 -AudreyFuSheng- 给 AudreyFuSheng 发送悄悄话 AudreyFuSheng 的博客首页 (233 bytes) () 07/08/2011 postreply 20:14:44

回复:不过从这封信来看,你也不一定就要回中国 -rangrang- 给 rangrang 发送悄悄话 (1400 bytes) () 07/09/2011 postreply 06:08:34

那还是回中国比较稳妥,不能再生枝节了~~~ -AudreyFuSheng- 给 AudreyFuSheng 发送悄悄话 AudreyFuSheng 的博客首页 (92 bytes) () 07/09/2011 postreply 09:24:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”