大峡谷Tuweep area (多图,revised).

来源: moab 2006-10-17 21:37:40 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4675 bytes)
Tuweep area in the Grand Canyon Check out the pictures attached at the end. I found out about this Tuweep area from NPS’s website. There’s a couple interesting spot like the Toroweep Overlook and the Lava Fall Trail. The moment I read about it I know I am heading there sometime, for sure. It’s no small decision for me, because, having been spoiled by the Canyonland, Dead Horse Point, and all other great NPs in Utah, I was never fascinated about visiting the Grand Canyon. I said in the back of my mind, “It’s just a little bigger, that’s all”. This March I was able to do the trip. It’s an experience I would never forget. The access is from highway 389. Between Colorado City and Fredona (Arizona). There’s a Pipe Springs state park there, which has the relic of what’s left of the (Pioneer?) days. You can take a 20 minutes break there to warm up for the Tuweep. From the Pipe Spirngs, head south-east for a short while, you will an inconspicuous sign says Tuweep. Well, Tuweep is the newly adopted name, I guess. You will see that name mixed used with Toroweep. You have to be careful because you can easily miss it. But even so, it can’t be bad. It’s a short distance between Pipe Spirngs and Fredona. As soon as you make the turn, you get what you expect—dirt, gravel road. The thing about driving a SUV is you don’t have to actually worry about all the tumbling, shaking, and the sound of rocks knocking against the chassis of your car. You can, however, get very close to the Toroweep Overlook or the Lava Falls in a sedan. You simply have to walk the last couple miles. There is a ranger station about (2)? miles out of the overlook point. There’s a sign there that says Welcome to Tuweep Area of the Grand Canyon NP blah, blah. It’d be a good spot for pictures. Show them a picture of you and the Tuweep sign next time your friends started talking about Grand Canyon. (hold on to that thought for now). If you want to use the rest room, here’s your chance till you get to the destination. Between the turnoff and the ranger station there’s not much to do but drive. And you can’t drive too fast on that dirt road. I was constantly doing 50 but be aware of the road condition. There’re ditches and bumps. If you come out of the park at night you will see LOTS of rabbits. Those creatures sure don’t know what danger they are running into. They like the headlights of your car. The road gets a little rough (and more fun) after the ranger station. Toward the end the road forked make sure you stay on the right. Before you know it you are at the parking to the overlook. So this is it! To me there are mainly two things to do here: 1) check out the overlook (gorgeous BTW). 2) go down to the bottom of the canyon via the lava fall trail. The best time to go in is early morning. You want to spend a whole day in there. That’s one lesson I learned. When I got to the Lava Falls it’s late afternoon. I didn’t finish the trail and didn’t get to go down to the Colorado River. It gets dark quick in the canyons, and you can easily get disoriented. So give yourself plenty time if you want to take that trail. What makes this place special? I am afraid I don’t have that strong of a command at the language I can use to even attempt to describe it. So you have to see it for yourselves. The lava fall area is also the SHORTEST path to the river. But be ware it’s no even trail. Lots of loose dirt and gravels. There’s a registry at the head of the trail. Make sure you sign in and sign out. Better yet, like always, before you make the trip, let your families or friends know where you are going and about when you will be back. Have fun! P.S. I just rambled along so it’s not well organized as it should be. If you need further details just let me know.

所有跟帖: 

请斑竹把老贴删了吧。 我重新贴了一遍,加了照片。 -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/17/2006 postreply 21:42:08

Your order followed! Chinese sounds better - TingLing! -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/17/2006 postreply 23:21:53

谢谢。什么是 “ TingLing!” -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 00:24:09

颋酃 -金枪布道- 给 金枪布道 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 02:07:11

回复:颋酃oh man you've got me on this one. :-) -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (33 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 08:20:34

象声词 -onMove- 给 onMove 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 04:32:40

忘记说了 -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (547 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 10:06:53

壮观大峡谷。好帖,好资讯,谢谢你。 -蕉下客- 给 蕉下客 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 12:14:09

no, thank you. -moab- 给 moab 发送悄悄话 moab 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2006 postreply 23:01:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”