EB3 greened, now sharing my experience

来源: 老罗 2010-08-20 14:55:33 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2220 bytes)
My PD is 9/2/2003, EB3. This week finally I received the welcome email. I think there are a few points I want to share to those who are preparing 485 or waiting for 485.

First of all, I'd recommend to file 485 by yourself. Not like 140, 485 is your personal application which does not need your employer's sponsorship, however you may need some supporting papers from your employer such as employment letter. The good thing about filing by yourself is that you have the full control of the application papers. otherwise, You will never know if your lawyer miss some papers in your package or make any other mistakes.

For 140, it is better using premium process. It took me 1 year to get it approved, but for my coworker, just 1 week by using premium service, I think it really worth it considering a whole year of waiting and feeling of the uncertainty.

For H1B holder, you may already have EAD, but it is better to keep your H1B whenever it is possible. Sometime EAD renewal may take more than 3 months, and if your old EAD expires before the new one in hand, you may have to terminate your job. So keeping H1B status sometime really helps.

I changed job while 485 is pending. my new employer filed a AC21 portability case for me. I once was worried because the job duty is a little different from the old one. I guess as long as you are in the same field, you are okay. So, after 2 weeks of filing AC21, my online status get updated. No extra papers were required.

When my PD get current this month, I was checking my status online everyday - most of time disappointed. So eventually, I called USCIS and ask SR. after two weeks, on 18th, I got the welcome email. and on 19th I got response for my SR. So I guess my SR may help because the SR response came right after 485 is approved.

I thought I would be very very excited after receiving the approval, but I am not. I guess during these years I have learned to live without over-worrying. while waiting for this particular day, my wife told me again and again that our life is just as same as those with GC. So I guess she is right, and this is the most important point, don't let the over-worrying kill your life.

所有跟帖: 

Congradulation! So you got approval 2 weeks after SR? -furongli- 给 furongli 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2010 postreply 17:20:53

回复:Congradulation! So you got approval 2 weeks after SR? -老罗- 给 老罗 发送悄悄话 (4 bytes) () 08/20/2010 postreply 22:13:15

同感身受 -hyl- 给 hyl 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/22/2010 postreply 04:45:12

回复:EB3 greened, now sharing my experience -NiceSeeker- 给 NiceSeeker 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2010 postreply 13:05:46

麻烦你check一下QQH,谢谢! -NiceSeeker- 给 NiceSeeker 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2010 postreply 13:06:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”