前Facebook黑人雇员向NBC抱怨:脸书公司里的黑人太少。美国老百姓评价,你怎么不说打篮球的黑人太多了?

来源: yzout 2018-11-27 19:40:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (71314 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ yzout ] 在 2018-11-27 19:47:06 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

A former Facebook employee accused the company of having "a black people problem" in a note published publicly on Tuesday on the social network.

Mark Luckie, who is black, said Facebook's population of black employees is not representative of its black user base.

"There is often more diversity in Keynote presentations than the teams who present them," Luckie wrote in the note, which he originally shared with Facebook employees on Nov. 8.

"In some buildings, there are more 'Black Lives Matter' posters than there are actual black people. Facebook can't claim that it is connecting communities if those communities aren't represented proportionately in its staffing."

Luckie's note provides an inside look at what it's like to be black inside of Facebook, but it is not the first time Facebook's lack of diversity has been exposed.

"You can build something that works, that people want to use, but you can't actually make all the right decisions if among the builders there's not enough diversity and perspective," Facebook's head of diversity Maxine Williams told CNBC in July.

•  
    • I can understand how people can feel that way over appearances, and, if there is a sufficient number of qualified applicants who are not hired due to skin color, then, the company does have a problem. I worked in a tech field for 40 years, and I saw qualified people of all different races, creeds, and nationalities, and I also know what happens when you put people into tech jobs just to balance quotas, when they are not qualified. Everyone else ends up doing their work for them, as they are too far behind the training curve.

•  
    • Just because someone uses an app does not mean that they are qualified to create, code, debug, update, or maintain said piece of software

•  
    • Sounds like he wants affirmative action......maybe...just maybe, they hire those that applied and were qualified. Why does it have to representative of the company's user base?

•  
    • I guess if you own a business,forget about getting the best qualified.You must be pc and diverse.Tell that to asian owned companies.

•  
    • I'm sure Facebook will fix their diversity problem just as soon as the NFL and NBA fix their diversity problem.

•  
    • The population of users is not representative of the population of workers with the skill set to perform the job. It's not supposed to match.

•  
    • sounds more like a problem of not taking on additional risk....

•  
    • More proof that diversity is just a word used to divide you people. Good luck.

•  
      • Am Hispanic. Am an Engineer. Whey they hired me, they did so because of my qualifications, my experience, my knowledge NOT because I was Hispanic. I remember there were like 200 applicants for that job.

•  
      • Why doesn't this person ask to be on the hiring committee or hiring team? There may not be as many diverse candidates as he thinks. And if there are, he can play a role in helping them find employment at Facebook.

•  
      • OK, so this guy is calling for people to be hired solely on their color of skin. But what if those people aren't applying? You can't hire them if they don't apply, but also you can't hire them if they aren't qualified.

•  
      • Since when does the employee population of a business need to be representative of its customer base? Sure, it can be beneficial, but is it a must? Absolutely not. If it were, where's the outcry that Pampers is run by adults? I know, I know. It's not a parallel comparison. But really, to make the claim that one demographic can't serve another effectively is in and of itself a discriminatory statement.

•  
      • America was not founded on the backs of hiring people because they are ethnic, it was founded on people that wanted to work hard and be hired on the merits of their character.

所有跟帖: 

說話不經大腦。黑人是美國的15%。美國用戶是FB的10%。所以黑人員工是1.5%是很正常。 -wlwt123- 给 wlwt123 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/27/2018 postreply 22:23:19

不對啊,黑人員工是FB的3.5%,太多了! -wlwt123- 给 wlwt123 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/27/2018 postreply 22:25:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”