GOP rep: Moore not ‘fit to serve in the US Senate’

来源: buydip? 2017-11-22 15:13:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3332 bytes)

Rep. Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore is unfit to serve in Congress, after allegations of inappropriate behavior with teenage girls.

Instead, Donovan said Moore should let another candidate take his place in Alabama's special election.

"Everybody has a different opinion. I don't support Roy Moore," Donovan said on CNN's "New Day." "I think that he should step down, step aside, let another candidate take the spot, let the people of Alabama have a better choice in their next representative in the U.S. Senate."

"I think those allegations are so disgusting, and it doesn't make the man fit to serve in the United States Senate," he added. "I think the people of Alabama could have a better choice."

Donovan is among a growing number of Republican lawmakers and officials to call on Moore to withdraw from Alabama's Senate race amid allegations that he sought sexual and romantic relations with teenage girls when he was in his 30's.

Moore, now 70, has denied most of the allegations, and has rejected pleas to step aside in the race.

In his most extensive remarks on the matter to date, President Trump on Tuesday defended Moore, stressing that the former Alabama Supreme Court justice denied the allegations against him and that he did not want another "liberal" in the Senate, referring to Moore's Democratic challenger Doug Jones.

所有跟帖: 

. -Lionkingmom- 给 Lionkingmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2017 postreply 15:20:50

"Everybody has a different opinion..." -buydip?- 给 buydip? 发送悄悄话 buydip? 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2017 postreply 15:28:20

不同观点的人都想尽力影响阿拉巴马人民的决定。 -金银花叶子- 给 金银花叶子 发送悄悄话 (283 bytes) () 11/22/2017 postreply 15:52:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”