闲谈几个故事 - My thoughts

来源: qing_us 2017-11-13 11:29:11 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6609 bytes)

Here are my thoughts on these stories. It may not in line with your opinion. But please no insulting words for any discussion. I type in English because my current computer doesn't have Chinese input system.

第一个,我刚来美国时,记得学校,公司里,打扫卫生的很多是在校大学生勤工俭学。学校旁边的餐馆也是学生多,但现在在公司里扫地全是老墨,是学生不愿意做了吗?还是他们根本没机会?

A lot college students are still interested in this type of works to help them paying or their college expense more or less. I believe there are still American citizens willing to do this type of work. I have seen them. But the cleaning companies are favoring Mexicans. Some of the hiring personnel of the cleaning companies are Mexicans themselves. They favor their own people. So, I don’t truly believe that americans don’t like to do low skill job. Just some people are trying to stereotype certain group. There may be some, but not everyone. In general, I believe that most people have pride and willing to support themselves.

第二个,朋友公司做一个IT项目,需要招聘技术人员,这边广告才贴出去。一个印度头就把朋友顾问公司介绍了过来。然后一下进来八十多个印度H1B过来的人。几年后,这些人大部分全成了正式职工,又带来更多印度人。朋友汽走进公司,以为到了印度。印度人在那里称雄,继续控张排挤其他异己。

This is totally abusing the immigration system and provide out of norm unfair competition. Those Indian consulting companies cheat on the person’s resume. Marketing some newly graduates as experienced and hire other people for the interview. When those Indians take over, they sideline non-Indian coworkers by not assigning them quality work, no good year review and  promotion. By these ways, they drive the people out of the group. These are happening to the high tech industry. But how do you know these won’t happen to other industry once Indians start to get into?

By abusing the H1B system, other qualified people have less opportunity. Even you are not American citizen, but looking to get here in a legal way, you are being impacted too. In my opinion, the immigration system should enforce rules to control this type of abuse.

第三个,一个黑人女同事,除了她,全家都是吃福利的,哥哥和五个不同女的有五个孩子,全吃福利。而且新车都是政府送的。她成天高级包,说决不攒钱,没了自有政府管。后来能力实在不行,经常造假数据。公司重组时,她老板趁机送走了奶奶。

This woman’s family (parents and siblings) know the benefit system in and out. She once talked about that they know how to get help from government and different charities. I had no interest to know the ways. But we were all amazed by the “ability” of her
family and what they got.

第四个,美国人。成天愤世疾俗,认为社会不公平,为什么有些人挣得多。去年辞职搬去了加州洛杉矶,一直没找到工作,打电话聊天说墨西哥人太多了,她从小长大的好区已经70%墨西哥人占领,校区直线下降。现在反对非法移民。

A lot people think that they have a kind heart if they are not impacted by it. She was supporting illegal immigrants and think that they deserve to be helped. But she totally reverted her view after she moved back to California and impacted by it directly. She is now on the welfare system herself and has to draw money from 401K.

第五个,认识的一家医生把国内教授老妈老爸,公公婆婆全接过来,全都安排进住老人公寓。开车宝马去领食物券儿。

Well, the welfare system is really designed to help people in need. But some of the people don’t have good moral standard. These don’t understand by taking these resources themselves, they are robbing the people really in need. Those type of people has no shame on themselves. Sometime, you hear that a lot of them are boasting here and back in China.

I am not against reasonable welfare system. Some people do need help like those disabled, young people that just start their career, single hard working moms, people working hard but still needs some help, etc. But with greedy people, the system will collapse or other people have to pay more. There is no total free lunch. What you gains is other people pays. At least, appreciate other people's help.

第六个,一个白人年轻人,从小是株儒,被人在学校欺负,所以自暴自弃,,没高中毕业。几年后找到我们这儿United
way一个social worker。帮他申请资助,进入社区大学学捍工,已毕业找到工作,而且买了房子,结婚生子。

We all have up and downs in life and might need help or support from society at some point. This young man came to seek help and very fortunate to find the right help. Instead of being fed with the fish, he was taught how to fish himself. I do believe that we need to help those less fortunate, but we need to help them in a responsible way.

I personally don’t trust government for this functionality. They are so corrupted and less efficient. They would just rather hand free fish to these people. A lot local charities do better job at this aspect and really provides the right way of help.

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!