The lobyying in US congress is allowed

来源: 6862 2006-01-02 10:39:47 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1509 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 6862 ] 在 2006-01-08 20:50:00 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: Yes, Americans are pround of it.68622006-01-02 02:39:22
But US congress has been working on this issue and try to regulate it somehow.

Whether or not a congressmen listen to that lobby, it depends on the legality of the issue or political fallout. 1) Never has any US congress member listened to lobbyist demand to illegal activity. 2) If what lobbyist wants is so far away from what congress member's political interests. It would not work. For example, let's assume that GM or Ford use huge effort and money to lobby Michigan congress member to move the whole automible production line to overseas. Can this congress member go to floor and make speech about how benefit his state can get from this moving? and ask other member to support it? Yes he can. He will never do it no matter how much he wants privately given Ford and GM promised him the amount of dollar they put in his bank account(I am using chinese way of thinking which is unthinkable in US). Simply because it is not doable. He would not get enough majority votes in congress and if he tries it, next term he will find himself lose his job.

The only way he can do it is to put congress legislation process in a black box and make no announcement afterwards as if nothing important happens

I do not know most of facts about the story you referred and can not comment about it. I feel that you did not get whole picture of the story. Ridiculous thing happens all the time in US congress. That is part of fun. it is because of legality making fun of people's mind

所有跟帖: 

回复:The lobyying in US congress is allowed -金笔- 给 金笔 发送悄悄话 金笔 的博客首页 (210 bytes) () 01/02/2006 postreply 11:15:02

lobby是个dilemma,不可能禁止lobby,lobby不能没有regulation -694- 给 694 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/06/2006 postreply 22:04:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”