What is a great art?, reply to 健

来源: QualityWithoutName 2009-04-04 18:55:21 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1238 bytes)
Your poem is fun indeed. If you read my post a little carefully, you will noticed that I said "great artist as recognized by art community", not by me. I am not in art community, but I respect art community just as I respect science community. Can laymen identify great scientists now? The answer is No, it is true for art as well.

The fact is that every branch of science, art, music, even philosophy (they are not target to general public anymore), etc. are so specialized, it is impossible for a layman to appreciate their work.

As one more point I like to add, I tend to think, great art is about extend human mental boundary, it is about using ORIGINAL way (creative way) to uncover inner feelings (Never uncovered before). In this sense, It is the same for great scientists, they are using new way to uncover the secrets of the nature.

So do these great art works have any value to society? Again, you can ask the same question about great science discovery. Also It takes top down propagation for a layman to get some appreciation of great works. But if you like to climb the ladder, to be a decent artist yourself, you may get the appreciation much sooner.

I hope I make my perspective clear to you.

所有跟帖: 

Top down propogation (Electrodynamics to TV) -QualityWithoutName- 给 QualityWithoutName 发送悄悄话 QualityWithoutName 的博客首页 (871 bytes) () 04/04/2009 postreply 20:46:09

hehe,这些人都在瞎琢磨么 -lanyi- 给 lanyi 发送悄悄话 lanyi 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/05/2009 postreply 05:24:46

Because it doesn't make money for you or society? -QualityWithoutName- 给 QualityWithoutName 发送悄悄话 QualityWithoutName 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/05/2009 postreply 08:15:54

xi....算我说错了。 -lanyi- 给 lanyi 发送悄悄话 lanyi 的博客首页 (256 bytes) () 04/05/2009 postreply 08:57:43

It is more of my own thinking. Because I believe -QualityWithoutName- 给 QualityWithoutName 发送悄悄话 QualityWithoutName 的博客首页 (223 bytes) () 04/05/2009 postreply 08:24:52

Good Morning! Greeting from Dallas, Texas. -QualityWithoutName- 给 QualityWithoutName 发送悄悄话 QualityWithoutName 的博客首页 (176 bytes) () 04/06/2009 postreply 07:50:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”